Why become a member? ×

I am reasonably sure it's deliberately designed like this.

This thing is hideously ugly and completely unsuitable for any gig ever... so I want it to be my main bass!

Tbf, being ESP custom shop it is probably built really solidly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He also has three of them... somebody made one of them and thought...

"Do you know what the world needs more of? Expensive, hideous and unusable bass guitars with really nice hardware."

So they went and elevated their first "mistake" into a crime against taste.

If I ever find out who did this, I'd give their care worker and their guide dog a dammed good talking to.

Rob

• Haha 1

I can’t help thinking that the jack socket would potentially dig into the player’s body, it should’ve been on the longer, lower fang. I’m interested in what stand you could use.

• alyctes changed the title to I am reasonably sure it's deliberately designed like this.
On 07/06/2024 at 16:58, rwillett said:

He also has three of them... somebody made one of them and thought...

"Do you know what the world needs more of? Expensive, hideous and unusable bass guitars with really nice hardware."

Down to two now, so someone has the extraordinarily good taste to buy one. Were it not for the fact that it's painted (I don't have painted basses) and is probably impossible to put on a stand, plus it's got one too many strings and it's ten times as much as I might be able to find down the back of the settee, one of the remaining two would be mine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

That is extraordinary and I want one.

That is all.

This ^^^...if they can do a four. The Dog & Duck won't know what's hit it...

1 hour ago, Muzz said:

This ^^^...if they can do a four. The Dog & Duck won't know what's hit it...

The Dog and Duck will know what's hit it ... pitchforks, tar and torches will be pulled out of their storage cupboards, strategically placed just for this type of problem.

I like it, although it has the wrong neck width and scale length for a six string bass for me.

If anyone is prepared to do some deep diving on the ESP Japan web site, the bass will probably turn out to be derived from a Visual Kei band member's signature instrument.