Why become a member? ×

Marcus Miller and Robert Trujillo

Great vid. Lots of fun to see Marcus rocking out with Trujillo during the jam at the end! 

Trujillo needs a new side project - I want to hear him doing his thing like he did in Infectious Grooves, Mass Mental and so on. Musically, he’s a bit wasted in Metallica, but I believe the salary is good. :D 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Russ said:

I believe the salary is good. :D 

Would have to be to spend so much time with Lars.

Edited by uk_lefty
Manual correction of auto correct
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SteveXFR said:

He's still in Infectious Grooves. They're still active.

I know he just toured with them for the first time in years. I think Josh Paul was playing with them before Rob came back. Hopefully they'll do some new material. 

Tye Trujillo, Rob's son, is also shaping up to be a very good bass player. He toured with Korn after Fieldy went on hiatus, played with Suicidal Tendencies after their bass player, Ra Diaz, went off to Korn to replace Fieldy on a more permanent basis, and has his own band. 

I think it's cool that they share a love and appreciation of Jaco despite coming from two different musical worlds - Marcus was talking about Jaco being his mentor and friend, and Rob made a documentary film about him and is the owner/custodian of the Bass Of Doom!

• Like 2

A friend of mine is an ex pro prog and death bassist who loves jaco. He was always trying to learn jaco covers. I think all great musicians have an appreciation for the very best who played their instrument. 

I could never get in to jaco but I was crap

• Like 2
  • Haha 1