Why become a member? ×

1987 Fender PB-62 Precision Bass, '62 Reissue, Made in Japan, Price reduced - ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£850
MORECAMBE

Edit: £800 ONO.

I'm quite reluctant to sell this, but I'm playing my 70's basses most of the time and other purchases need to be covered.

I bought this in May last year from Will at BassBros. It's in exceptional original condition, no fret wear, no buckle rash, there are just a few marks on the lower side of the body which I have tried to photograph, but basically that's it. It's pretty minty for a 37 year old bass. It even comes in it's original shipping carton!

E series serial number - E713126, these were very good years, the quality is up there with anything from the US, perhaps better.

The neck profile is sublime, almost identical to my '73, not big, not small, just right. The nut is the same too at 41mm.

The weight is bang on 9 lbs, 4.08kg, so it's not heavy either. 

It's lovely to play, balances well, sounds like a good Precision should, set up with a medium/low action, currently sporting newish D'Addario 45-100 rounds. Truss rod works as it should too.

I don't have a case for it, so I would prefer collection from Morecambe. But I could ship it in the original carton, with lots of packing in there, and then box it again with more bubble wrap. This is how it came to me from BassBros.

All in all, a lovely vintage bass, in hard to find condition. (I think it would look killer with a tort guard.........)

Rob

IMG_3466.JPEG

IMG_3480.JPEG

IMG_3472.JPEG

IMG_3473.JPEG

IMG_3474.JPEG

IMG_3476.JPEG

IMG_3479.JPEG

IMG_3478.JPEG

IMG_3477.JPEG

IMG_3475.JPEG

IMG_3467.JPEG

IMG_3469.JPEG

IMG_3470.JPEG

IMG_3471.JPEG

Edited by ossyrocks
  • Like 14

• ossyrocks changed the title to 1987 Fender PB-62 Precision Bass, '62 Reissue, Made in Japan, Price reduced
  • ossyrocks changed the title to 1987 Fender PB-62 Precision Bass, '62 Reissue, Made in Japan, Price reduced - SOLD