Why become a member? ×

New board for a new(ish) player

Jurgburger

Firstly apologies if this is the wrong place to post this topic.  I'm looking for some advice and direction with my current board. 

I play in what I guess is a fairly standard rock/indie/pop covers band (Stereophonics, Foo Fighters, Black Keys, Queen, Green Day, The Clash - that sort of stuff).  I don't play through an amp, use the DI plus to go straight into our PA and then monitor myself with a small wedge when we're gigging.

So my question is this...What would you add to this board, what would you take away?

The Bass DI is a new addition, I'm thinking I can use the distortion channel on there for a driven sound and lose the scrambler.

I feel like I'm severally lacking a fuzz and an octave pedal...any suggestions for these? Simple is better!

Current pedal list and chain:

Korg Tuner > Freqout (This one isn't necessary, just tons of fun!) > Bass Preacher > Scrambler >MXR DI

I have a Ciox Sol mounted under the board.

I'm a bit of a new guy when it comes to bass, I've had a few years playing guitar but only really picked up the bass a year or so ago so I really feel I might have missed some really obvious choices!

PXL_20240610_173844480.jpg

The MXR DI is a great pedal, excellent choice!

I can't speak highly enough of my Darkglass Duality Fuzz. I absolutely love it. I have the older version with more dials and the flexibility on it is excellent for whether you want buzz-saw rough rock bass fuzz or a softer and more modern sounding fuzz to go with other effects to make a synth type sound.