Why become a member? ×

NAD: EICH T900

New amp arrived EICH T900 head and I quickly put it through its paces with my Ampeg SVT112AV cab 

( Note I have a new LFsys Monaco arriving today which I will also review soon ) 

The T900 is a small light 900w bass head and I decided to purchase the Black Edition. 

First few minutes of testing I was starting to think it’s not for me and sounded too dark .. but soon I discovered the control called “ Taste” and this is where the magic happens !

You can go from clear, open and brighter sounding using the control turned anti clockwise or warm, darker, vintage sounding turning it clockwise to the “ rich” setting

The EQ points work very well and the amp fans are super quiet 

Very nice build quality and the only thing I did was stick four larger rubber feet under it to raise it up to clear top mounted cab handles and better cab grip so it doesn’t slip off as it’s so light !!

First impressions are it’s a lovely amp and will be put through its paces with the Monaco soon 

IMG_6043.thumb.jpeg.6b5ed13427cc3fc89acf28261437839a.jpegIMG_6045.thumb.jpeg.8e4aa72b7894d7995e06df92dc60a45d.jpegIMG_6041.thumb.jpeg.2273c967b001c34c883f17ec07188f6c.jpeg

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, tubbybloke68 said:

I use a puma 900 with my 2x monza cabs, i doubt you’ll be disappointed! 
Enjoy my friend! 😊😊x

Do you stack your cabs ? 
The Monaco on its own I think is loud enough but larger venues I think I may need PA support or a second Monaco 

The Monaco is as loud as my Ampeg 112AV cabs x 2 and clearer sounding.

Pushes out a lot of bass in a small cab !

• Like 2

Yes, IF I use both then stacked all the times so far, though I will try them side by side at some point. Generally one is enough for petty loud pub gigs I find. The taste control I normally set about 10 ‘o clock. If it’s an out and out rock gig i sometimes use a shuttle 9.2 or my streamliner. . 
Was thinking of upgrading to an Eich  but people say there isn’t much difference, so if it ain’t broke don’t fix it type thingy with me at the moment! 
Very pleased with my set up,it’s doing all i need it to do extremely well 😊

• Like 3

I really like these amps.

What I like most about these is that they're not too bright, and you can get a really vintage tone out of it with the Taste control.

It's interesting where you've set your EQ, I can imagine exactly what you're going for with that. By contrast, see my EQ setting below, with a P bass (with flats) and a BF Super Compact.

Of all the Class D amps I've tried so far, these have the greatest heft. Seriously punchy. 

Rob

IMG_3491.JPEG

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yep my settings were playing with a pick on the PBass for rock 

At band rehearsals I turned the taste control to around 11 o clock and it was my perfect sound 

Edited by BassAdder60
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

I really like these amps.

What I like most about these is that they're not too bright, and you can get a really vintage tone out of it with the Taste control.

It's interesting where you've set your EQ, I can imagine exactly what you're going for with that. By contrast, see my EQ setting below, with a P bass (with flats) and a BF Super Compact.

Of all the Class D amps I've tried so far, these have the greatest heft. Seriously punchy. 

Rob

IMG_3491.JPEG

Punchier than the Ashdown RM800?

Edited by stevie

7 hours ago, stevie said:

Punchier than the Ashdown RM800?

Perhaps. I've been A/B'ing the two for a few evenings now. The Puma seems to have a narrower frequency range (it's hard to describe!), but it has a real immediacy to the notes you're playing along with enormous weight to each of those notes. The RM800 is a little lighter in feel, for me. I really like the RM800, and I think it may become my main amp, I'm certainly going to give it a good run.

Talking about tone is like dancing about food.

Rob

Edit: I've been playing them both again tonight. Bear in mind I've only had the RM800 for about 2 days, and I've had the novelty of Compression during that time, which I have used only sparingly, but it's been on all the time. However, tonight I turned it off, and back came the spank. The compressor has been taking the punch out of the amp. So now, no, I don't think the Tecamp is punchier than the RM800, it's even, they are both great amps, and I like the RM800 even more than I did this morning.

Edited by ossyrocks
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Further updates on the T900 amp 

In my rock band with two guitars and reasonably loud drummer I can use the T900 into the Monaco 8ohm cab and it’s a lovely set up and loud.

If I need even more I can use the PA or my Vanderkley 212 

Now the T900 comes with an anti slip mat that is cut to the right size and definitely works very well. 
In B & M they sell on a roll the same stuff at £2.50 so I purchased some and cut a larger mat so any of my amps would stay put. The Monaco has a great tough finish but slightly lacking in grip compared to tolex or fur covering !

The T900 is a great amp, what you put in cleanly comes out, your bass tone is very clear and punchy as hell. 
Taste control is marvellous for getting clear or warm vintage in a single control ! 

• Like 2