Why become a member? ×

NCB!

So I'll start off by saying I used a Barefaced Big twin II for around 5 years before going to FOH and IEMs. I was never enamoured with the Barefaced, but enjoyed knowing it could take ANYTHING I threw at it...

For the last year I've been ampless and gone through a stack of preamps to find the right tone; But it always felt flat live. 

Lately it's dawned on me that it's the lack of amp that's the issue! After a bit of lamenting and regret at selling my barefaced, I decided to start looking into cabs.

Nothing REALLY stood out; I do a lot of sub and edm stuff so it needed to go low, but I'm also lazy so lightweight was preferred. I placed a wanted ad on a local page and an absolute gentleman from nearby offered up his nearly new immaculate Hartke HL410 for what I think is a steal!

And here it is... 

20240608_194909.thumb.jpg.795bd1529d29ef2cee256eb9ed08598c.jpg

Sound wise I'm not really any wiser as I still have my iems in which take a feed from my board, but I can definitely feel it, which is something I've missed! 

I was concerned that it's 8 ohm as I didn't think think 400W would be enough, but it felt ample! 

Edited by thisisswanbon
  • Like 1