Why become a member? ×

90's covers band wanted for daughters 18th - 20/9/24 Near Sedbergh, Cumbria

rwillett

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes....

My daughter turns 18 this year and we're looking to hire a band for her birthday which is Fri 20/9/24. It would be in a friends large tent somewhere near Sedbergh in Cumbria, I'm being a little vague as I actually have no idea myself where our friend lives, buts it's on a farm in that general area.

She's heavily into Oasis and Blue and all that sort of stuff, but we're not looking for an Oasis or Blur tribute band, but a band that can play some of the of their numbers but can also play anything to get a group of kids (and parents) on their feet having fun. Personally speaking I'd prefer 25-30 years older, but it's not my 18th so I get no say. A band with energy and fun is more important to us than note perfect. This is a fun evening for everyone including, hopefully, the band as well.

There will be a DJ for afterwards and people will be camping. 

The date is pretty fixed as she's 18 on 20/9/24 and she's playing rugby 22/9/24 and it's a big game. She's her fathers daughter.

The last time I booked a band was U2 and they cost me £999 at Leciester Poly. Yep it was that U2 :) We also booked Gary Glitter but don;t talk about that now.

I have no idea on stage size, power availability (but there will be some, I'd assume 13A/240V rather than three phase) or anything else at the moment. I would assume you'd need to bring everything you need, there certainly won't be a PA to jack into, I'd expect a small intimate arena rather than Wembley. The one thing that will be certain is that I won't be joining you on the stage playing bass so thats one less thing to worry about.

If all this hasn't put you off yet, then PM me please with what you can do and costs. We know that people need to be paid and we're not going down the "play for exposure crap" route, sensible costs would be good.

Thanks

Rob