Why become a member? ×

WR Goliath Plus “Tube Emphasizer” handmade Tube Preamp/DI - £395 inc Special Delivery - *WITHDRAWN*
£395
Chester le St DH2

WR Amplifying “Tube Emphasizer” DI & Preamp (£395 inc RM Special Delivery)

For sale is my WR Goliath Preamp & DI. This is an absolutely fantastic, top tier, handmade Tube preamp - this is a proper Tube pre getting very close to the sound & feel of the Noble etc (there is a lot of talk/comparisons/sound clips on TalkBass about this, the Noble and other Tube ore’s & DI’s if you want to google it)

This is leagues above tube pre’s like an EBS Valve Drive or Two Notes Le Bass etc, this is a preamp that you also feel on the strings as you play as well an immense tube sound which works great direct to FOH or just in

front of your amp - Its a clean preamp however, not a high gain distortion type, but the sound is unreal 

I paid £500 in a deal with JoeABass for this is Feb (see his ad below👇 for more info)

I’ve done a lot of gigs and some recording too with it, but I find I don’t like taking it out with me to a lot of places as I’m worried I worry it’ll get kicked/broken/drinks spilled on it etc, so I

can’t justify having the money tied up in it at the moment, I am also looking to get a couple of things and I can’t afford to buy anything without selling first 

Basstheworld have done a couple of videos about it - the one I’m selling in the top end one (the Goliath Plus) with XLR out and Bypass switch. I’ll link the vids below, along with a sound demo done by someone else that showcases it pretty well 

It doesn’t come with its own power supply (just a generic 12v adapter bought from Amazon) however it works fine from my 12v slot on my TruTone power supply - the official power supply required is 12v DC @ 1 amp (1000 mA) but a standard 12v pedalboard power supply is fine

It’s still in good condition, obviously it’s been gigged but it’s still working great and cosmetically in good nick

I have done some serious hand wringing about selling this and about what to ask for it - I realise the market is pretty slow at the moment and so I have very much priced it to sell! I am taking a loss but everyone selling gear at the moment is doing so, I figure that if I buy something else it’ll probably be cheaper too at the mo, so it’s swings & roundabouts I guess! Price is £395 inc Special Delivery - to get one now like this would cost you €625 plus import duties plus shipping!

Trades - Possibly but I’d prefer a cash sale, however bass-wise it’d be 5 string only - a Sadowsky MetroExpress 5, Yamaha PJ5 (bb735a/bb1025(/x) could possibly add cash) or a Jad Freer Capo (plus some cash your way), also I need a decent 4 Ohm cab 600-800w+ ideally a 210 or 212, or maybe another preamp pedal - it depends what it is but I’ll consider any offer just shoot me a message, I don’t mind and the worst I can say is no IMG_3801.thumb.jpeg.a163c94a73eb8598263bc46a2f32806f.jpegIMG_3803.thumb.jpeg.f6fab4a27da3509b6bf7e34b7521a2ae.jpegIMG_3802.thumb.jpeg.7bb7f4bcc849d0ce7b3c928e3572ae77.jpeg

Thanks for Looking ✌️ 

Edited by Paddy777
  • Like 7

• Paddy777 changed the title to *withdrawn* WR Goliath Plus “Tube Emphasizer” handmade Tube Preamp/DI - £395 inc Special Delivery