Why become a member? ×

Isn't Modern Tech Wonderful?

I came into this half expecting a full on rant about some recalcitrant piece of tech which is supposed to make life easier and does everything but.  Nice to see that the thread subject is not sarcasm :)

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I came into this half expecting a full on rant about some recalcitrant piece of tech which is supposed to make life easier and does everything but.  Nice to see that the thread subject is not sarcasm :)

No. Not from me today. Life is full of moaning and sarcasm. I just can't believe how lucky I am to be in a time of such easy luxury.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, stewblack said:

. . . .  I just can't believe how lucky I am to be in a time of such easy luxury.

This.

Finally, great designers are providing the bass community with fantastic options. Excellent sounding gear at every price point.

It's a great time to be a bass player.

• Like 2

Lifting up an old cab last week I realised how lucky I am to have a modern one which is probably less than half the weight and sounds just as good/loud if not better.

And I'm a bit behind the times with this, but I'm just now moving from DJing with vinyl to digital - I wish I did it years ago. Obviously a digital file isn't collectable like a record, but in terms of DJing it is much more versatile and practical. 

• Like 2

Yep, it's something I'm grateful for every gig: bass case, rucksack, Stomp/inears, my own mix and volume control. 3 minute setup, breakdown less. Given I've got 34 more gigs this year, that's a lot of happy sighing.

Oh, and rehearsal/home playing? iPad/Jamup, Sonic Port, bass, headphones. Bingpot.

Edited by Muzz
  • Like 2

Nope, Beyer DT 770s. I use them as part of my home office setup, they're all-day comfortable. I'm playing sitting down at home, wired is easier.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Muzz said:

Nope, Beyer DT 770s. I use them as part of my home office setup, they're all-day comfortable. I'm playing sitting down at home, wired is easier.

Yes. I use BOSE that have a wired connection as well as Bluetooth, but there's too much latency on them.

1 hour ago, TimR said:

Ultra low latency Bluetooth. Apparently consumer level airpods etc are 500ms (i struggle to watch video with them), and those are 7ms.

Interested to see how noticeable that is for bass. 

It's not Bluetooth, it's their own proprietary wireless system more akin to wirelsss systems for guitars.

I had Waza Airs for a while and the latency is effectively zero.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stewblack said:

Kitchen table rehearsal 

Compress_20240612_114041_1281.thumb.jpg.acbc829e238d595c2f5bd6374b0b4ba2.jpg

and if I'd used my wireless bugs there'd be no cables at all.

Impressive, especially if you can actually use those foot pedals while it's on the table. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, TimR said:

Ultra low latency Bluetooth. Apparently consumer level airpods etc are 500ms (i struggle to watch video with them), and those are 7ms.

Interested to see how noticeable that is for bass. 

Roughly equivalent to standing 7 feet further away from an amp, IIRC

Edited by MartinB

4 hours ago, stewblack said:

As has been said it's the Boss Waza Air headphone system. Just the best things ever.

Agreed but when I try and do what you’re doing, but with a Stomp, they cut out after a few minutes. It’s like they don’t think anything is going on and go into sleep mode. Presumably that’s doesn’t happen with the ME-90B?

36 minutes ago, Dazm66 said:

Agreed but when I try and do what you’re doing, but with a Stomp, they cut out after a few minutes. It’s like they don’t think anything is going on and go into sleep mode. Presumably that’s doesn’t happen with the ME-90B?

That is the movement detection, you can turn that off in the app (but remember after updating it to plug the sender into the headphones for it to update).

How to change it:

Start "BOSS TONE STUDIO for WAZA-AIR" app.

Tap "≡ (SYSTEM)."

Tap "STANDBY SETTING."

Change the TRANSMITTER'S STANDBY SENSING to "SOUND SENSING."
- If MOTION SENSING is specified, the transmitter is in standby mode unless it senses vibration, and cannot be used.

Reconnect the transmitter to the transmitter in of the WAZA-AIR unit, and perform the Auto Wireless Connection operation.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Dazm66 said:

Hmm. Not that I've noticed. 

6 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

That is the movement detection, you can turn that off in the app (but remember after updating it to plug the sender into the headphones for it to update).

How to change it:

Start "BOSS TONE STUDIO for WAZA-AIR" app.

Tap "≡ (SYSTEM)."

Tap "STANDBY SETTING."

Change the TRANSMITTER'S STANDBY SENSING to "SOUND SENSING."
- If MOTION SENSING is specified, the transmitter is in standby mode unless it senses vibration, and cannot be used.

Reconnect the transmitter to the transmitter in of the WAZA-AIR unit, and perform the Auto Wireless Connection operation.

Thanks for the heads up!