Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4005 Fireglow 1967
£8500
Bournemouth

Grewster

So here is the second of the two basses I thought I would never part with. (The first was my White Falcon and I miss it! If you’re reading this, I hope you’re enjoying her, Dale).

This 1967 4005 is, of course, in played condition, I’d say pretty good actually for a well enjoyed 57 year old. As the pics show there are a few battle scars here and there with a surprisingly small area of buckle rash on the back. There’s also some varnish cracking/lifting at the top of the fretboard. The original case gave up the ghost some time ago so there’s a replacement hard shell one included.  (Hard to find!)
Pickups sound good and strong to me (last gig with her was a month or so ago, I don’t use her all the time - I have to be selective). I’ve never had her set up or adjusted, I’d say any fret wear is minimal despite the rounds I fitted and her neck is straight. As far as I’m aware everything is original, I don’t have the courage or the necessary skills to start taking things apart but I guess I’d be prepared to lift the scratchplate for pics if needed.
I’ve had the privilege of owning her for, I think, about 10 years, purchased from a Talkbass member in New Jersey.
The only trade I’d be up for would specifically be against a 1956 Precision …. any out there??
Happy to take more pics if asked. Sorry, UK sale only and there is absolutely no way she’s going anywhere with any kind of courier so it’s strictly collection only or possibly a mutually agreed meet-up.
Thanks for looking!

IMG_1234.jpeg

IMG_1235.jpeg

IMG_1236.jpeg

IMG_1239.jpeg

IMG_1242.jpeg

IMG_1241.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg

IMG_1238.jpeg

IMG_1237.jpeg

• Like 22