Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass hate

DDR

7 hours ago, DGBass said:

I had a hankering after the Traveller 151P cab as I like 1x15 cabs but at the time they were out of stock everywhere. I then got the chance of picking up a 102P cab and it turned out to be a fantastic choice. Small, light and incredibly punchy. The tweeters on them are kinda average imho, but I don't use much tweeter anyway so it wasn't an issue. Performed flawlessly all the time I had it doing pub gigs along with an LM3 head. It was the most portable and capable rig I've ever owned and did great old school tones. Still wondering why I sold it on. Might have been the yellowness?

Screenshot2024-06-27at22_55_32.thumb.png.542e1b0ce211afbd08ebabe97446f1c2.png

I had that exact rig. It was great.

Haven't got one of the combos, but I have got a new MB58R 2z10, the 4ohm 400w variant. The weight is unbelievable. 

Debuting it tonight - it sounded awesome in the house! 

It's got a sticker that says 'Marcus Miller Approved' - I use a Little Marcus 58R - so it's got to be amazing, right? LOL! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spongebob said:

Haven't got one of the combos, but I have got a new MB58R 2z10, the 4ohm 400w variant. The weight is unbelievable. 

Debuting it tonight - it sounded awesome in the house! 

It's got a sticker that says 'Marcus Miller Approved' - I use a Little Marcus 58R - so it's got to be amazing, right? LOL! 

I've just bought the MB58R 2x10 Pure, less than 10Kg, pure  back pain winner!. Went for the 4 ohm too and paired with my Elf it's trouser flapping!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Raslee said:

I've just bought the MB58R 2x10 Pure, less than 10Kg, pure  back pain winner!. Went for the 4 ohm too and paired with my Elf it's trouser flapping!

I bought the Pure as well. 

Gigged it last night with full band, and it was amazing. No 'lesser' than my older 2x12.....really clear and projecting. Large space as well, I certainly wasn't left wanting.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/06/2024 at 21:00, Raslee said:

On 29/06/2024 at 12:35, spongebob said:

I bought the Pure as well. 

Gigged it last night with full band, and it was amazing. No 'lesser' than my older 2x12.....really clear and projecting. Large space as well, I certainly wasn't left wanting.

I'm thinking about these. I emailed MB to ask more about the differences and apparently the Energy model is closer in tone to the older cabs and I do like them. The Energy 2x10 is about 500g heavier. Nowt in it really. 

I can't tell the difference in the cabs via youtube though. Must be very subtle.

I do really like my little Barefaced Stack of One10 and One10T but I'm gassing for a change back to the Black & Yellow.

Did you guys try the different 2x10 ones before settling on the Pure?

I didn't....I read that the Pure was a more modern, hi fi sound....that was enough for me. 

Even though I gig mainly with a modded Ricky 4003, I like a bit treble and cutting through,  so the description kind of summed up what I like. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

I might have to have a day trip out somewhere.

Andertons have the Energy and the Pure at their warehouse.

I wonder if they would get them into the shop for me to try.

Where abouts are you? You’re welcome to hear mine. 👍

• Like 1

I bought the Pure having previously owned 2x10 travellers in the past. I really like the travellers but have found the Pure has something magical about it, or at least it did the other day rehearsing some power trio classic rock tunes with some friends. With my Elf it was brilliant, really clear, warm and well defined low end but with mid cutting through nicely too…I personally loved it, and how well it cut through the mix and so loud and light.
Of course it may just be the honeymoon period but I smiled a lot more than I ever did with the Travellers…but then I didn’t have the Elf back then either.

20 minutes ago, Raslee said:

I bought the Pure having previously owned 2x10 travellers in the past. I really like the travellers but have found the Pure has something magical about it, or at least it did the other day rehearsing some power trio classic rock tunes with some friends. With my Elf it was brilliant, really clear, warm and well defined low end but with mid cutting through nicely too…I personally loved it, and how well it cut through the mix and so loud and light.
Of course it may just be the honeymoon period but I smiled a lot more than I ever did with the Travellers…but then I didn’t have the Elf back then either.

I also had a Traveler a few years back…..the mew ones definitely sound better and fuller IMHO. 

• 2 weeks later...

@spongebob

A question about the new cab material, if I may?

Is the outside a covering like tolex or is the outside the actual material itself?

I'm asking because I've seen a buyer review or two where they mention that the cab surface is very easily marked or even dented but only hard finger pressure. From the photos I cannot tell if that is just in the covering (if there is one) or the cab structure itself. 

2 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

@spongebob

A question about the new cab material, if I may?

Is the outside a covering like tolex or is the outside the actual material itself?

I'm asking because I've seen a buyer review or two where they mention that the cab surface is very easily marked or even dented but only hard finger pressure. From the photos I cannot tell if that is just in the covering (if there is one) or the cab structure itself. 

I have the 2x10 Pure. The outside is the actual cab material (bar the felt covering on top). I can also confirm while it is soft, you couldn't dent it with finger pressure - trust me, I tried out of curiosity!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, 40hz said:

I have the 2x10 Pure. The outside is the actual cab material (bar the felt covering on top). I can also confirm while it is soft, you couldn't dent it with finger pressure - trust me, I tried out of curiosity!

You can't walk past a "Wet Paint Sign" without touching it, can you? :D 

• Haha 1

On 28/07/2024 at 11:13, fretmeister said:

I think I'm going to take the plunge - off load my BF cabs and get a pair of Energy 2x10 so I can have a vertical 4x10 when needed.

You’ll be surprised at the 2x10 power.

I’ve gigged mine exclusively since I bought it, never been left wanting. My 2x12 cab hasn’t left the house. 

I have the Pure (as I mentioned above). Played a big festival on Saturday, the stage guy couldn’t believe it was a working cab at that weight!

• Like 2

Maybe I'll get one and then see if I need the other one then.

I've got a big list of things I need to list for sale and if I get reasonable prices then I should be able to get the cab and have quite a bit left over for other toys.

On 28/07/2024 at 17:34, BassmanPaul said:

The pair of 2x10s as  vertical 4x10 is a a really good configuration! :)

Could be good or not so good, depends on the cabs.

1 minute ago, BassmanPaul said:

Come on Chris! why so pessamistic?  My Acme B2 cabinets are a dream as a vertical 4x10! LOL

Not pessimistic at all. The format of the cab means very little. The designs of the cab and driver are more critical to good sound and hearing yourself on a stage. 

I would expect your Acme cabs to sound great. As I understand it, they are designed properly.

Had a surprising experience last weekend playing through a MB 1x12 combo and add-on 1x12 cab. No matter what I tried, I couldn't escape mud city. I've always had good results from MB gear previously. I wonder whether it was faulty.