Why become a member? ×

Unrealistic heavy ageing - did not expect this from Nash

Clarky

I hate to be negative but I have always thought Nash’s relic work looked very unrealistic. Compared to someone like bravewood they have a lot of work to do.

• Like 3

Looks as valid as all the other wear and tear forgery jobs, but a little more creative.

"Relic" is the same as in Californication where Duchovny smashes the headlight of his Porsche. Fake sentiment.

But what I think is rubbish others will like, so there's that.

12 hours ago, NJE said:

I hate to be negative but I have always thought Nash’s relic work looked very unrealistic. Compared to someone like bravewood they have a lot of work to do.

Came here to say exactly this. I've always thought Nash overdo their relics, especially on the necks. The one in this thread takes the cake though. 

Didnt expect this from Nash! They are usually pretty authentic looking unlike builders like Limelight who just seem to attack things with a sander

Edited by Pow_22

Is it a new instrument? Looks like someone bought a decent Nash relic and tried to take it the extra mile with their power sander. Otherwise that was a very long and boozy Friday at Nash 

18 hours ago, Clarky said:

It would have been perfect, if only they has drilled "cheese" holes into it, for the genuine "rodents at work on the attic" effect.

I predict the next trend will be cutting off random parts of the headstock and body, and deep "going nuts with pointy end of the hammer" gouges.

Maybe even protruding, broken off or entirely missing bridge, neck pocket, tuner and pickup screws, broken tuners, demagnetized pickups, faulty wiring, and clumsily ripped out, broken and missing frets, from stock.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Maybe even protruding, broken off or entirely missing bridge, neck pocket, tuner and pickup screws, and faulty wiring from stock.

Gibson did that to me twice when I tried to buy a Grabber 3 70s Tribute bass...

image.thumb.png.997e1ef11f8d852cccd00fd4af6e6bdc.png

The second one had faulty wiring - buzzed and hummed all over the place.  I sent them both back and gave up.  Thing gave me zero vibes of the OG G-3 anyway - it was like someone had described the G-3 down the phone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

It would have been perfect, if only they has drilled "cheese" holes into it, for the genuine "rodents at work on the attic" effect.

I predict the next trend will be cutting off random parts of the headstock and body, and deep "going nuts with pointy end of the hammer" marks.

Maybe even protruding, broken off or entirely missing bridge, neck pocket, tuner and pickup screws, broken tuners, demagnetized pickups, faulty wiring, and clumsily ripped out, broken and missing frets, from stock.

Period correct 80's relics where they rout a '63 Precision body for a J pickup?

• Like 1

Just now, neepheid said:

Gibson did that to me twice when I tried to buy a Grabber 3 70s Tribute bass...

image.thumb.png.997e1ef11f8d852cccd00fd4af6e6bdc.png

The second one had faulty wiring - buzzed and hummed all over the place.  I sent them both back and gave up.  Thing gave me zero vibes of the OG G-3 anyway - it was like someone had described the G-3 down the phone.

Gibson do actually sell guitars with pre-broken and glued back headstocks from stock from their custom shop, as a feature.

• Like 1