Why become a member? ×

NBD: Sterling Ray25CA

MrFingers

TGbiDHv.jpeg

In order to hit two birds with one slap. Ánd a 5-string for that one time in a month I crave that ánd the classic-ish stingray sound. Didn’t want to fork out the cash for a true stingray, and didn’t really fancy the standard 5-string Ray cosmetics. This appears to be the perfect blend of 4-string looks, somewhat seventies sound and style and at an affordable price point… picked this one up 2nd hand but defacto new (plastic still on the batter cover) for next to nothing…

plays really nice, sounds a bit barky, but need to rewire it to parallel. An absolute boat-anchor though!

Edited by MrFingers
  • Like 6

I owned a pair of Ray25s. Both were really nice and are both on my list of "why did I sell that?"

Well I guess it was because I then got back into the Ray35s and then full circle to the full fat USA SR5s but I'd easy have another 25 as they're different enough with the 2EQ and slab body to warrant having one. 

Your blonde one with maple board is the best looking combo on these imo and parallel is definitely the way to go!

• Like 2