Why become a member? ×

Doom rig setup

basshead56

Hey guys,

Looking at doing a bit of chopping and changing for a side project.

Currently ear-marked the Darkglass AO900 head for the starting point.

I have an old Behringer 8x10 (4ohms) in a rehearsal room that I barely use but it's in good nick.

A friend has also offered me his old Fendsr bassman series 4x10 and 1x15 cabs (I believe both are 8ohm) for cheap.

My question is, given that the AO900 runs happily at 2ohms, can the Fwnder cabs be run linked (series or parallel) together to bring their combined load to 4ohms, matching the Behringer's 4ohms and thus bringing it all down to two ohms?

I know that on the back of the Fender cabs there is a single Speakon input and then two jack sockets with series/parallel written next to them

Edited by basshead56

• basshead56 changed the title to Doom rig setup

The odd two cabs can be plugged in all in parallel with the 810 and you get your 2 ohms of doom.  I wouldn't want.to be in the same room but you do you.

Assuming you have a mono amp and it isn't two channels of 4 ohm, you can simply daisy parallel from one cab to the next.

Better to spread the load off the amp if you can. Still only need three speaker cables. So, twin speakons from amp. One goes to 810 off Amp1 and one to 410 off Amp2 with daisy to the 15.

Mind you don't blow the 15. It will be getting the same power as any 4 of the 10's. A quarter of the amp output.