Why become a member? ×

On Hold - Another 70’s/80’s Fretless Acoustic - please read
£100
Manchester

Bought this via eBay about 2 weeks ago

I think the seller was a little liberal with the condition description, but I picked it up in a rush and didn’t look over it properly.

It’s a project. It wasn’t listed as such.

I haven’t the time to complete the project side of things.

I think it’s had some repairs to the neck - it plays well, but cosmetically…it’s not the best. I’d want to sand the finish off and tidy up or maybe investigate a little further.

There’s a separation between the back and side - I genuinely think it’s a glue/clamp job.

In the original listing it stated some marks commensurate with age (it’s about 40-45 years old).

I really do think it’s worth saving - 

It sounds really well; it’s loud and the neck is comfortable.

I have a bass from the same factory/period which was listed as encore - made in Italy by Eko.

So - it’s a handy campfire buddy, I think if I had more time I’d completely strip the finish and sort the issues.

But all transparency, this is only if you know how to fix guitars or are willing to pay a luthier to sort. Or you’re comfortable with how it is.

It is a great old bass with lots of character though.

I will ship - entirely on the understanding that it’s a risky business as there’s no case included

edit - I can do PayPal invoices so you can do on PP credit. Forgot about this…will have to add Fees, but it won’t be much.

IMG_0086.jpeg

IMG_0087.jpeg

IMG_0091.jpeg

IMG_0092.jpeg

IMG_0089.jpeg

IMG_0090.jpeg

IMG_0093.jpeg

IMG_0094.jpeg

IMG_0095.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis
Sold on FB
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, petecarlton said:

What a shame, Andy.  I hope you got at least a partial refund off the seller.  GLWTS anyway.

I didn’t to be honest - I’ve left it too long now - I was busy that weekend, then worked the week after - so he’s got the good old…”that happened while you had it” on his side.

presumably he’d do that as he wasn’t honest in the listing.

after years of buying/selling…I do know better, but was in a rush etc.

Its still a wonderful thing - if @Andyjr1515 was closer - it’d be with him now.

• Like 1

Interesting 🤔 The headstock reminds me a bit of the 1970’s Framus Nashville’s or possibly some of the non-scroll Burns / Baldwin headstocks.

If I was anywhere near MCR I might have bit your hands off for this.

Good luck with the sale 👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, meterman said:

Interesting 🤔 The headstock reminds me a bit of the 1970’s Framus Nashville’s or possibly some of the non-scroll Burns / Baldwin headstocks.

If I was anywhere near MCR I might have bit your hands off for this.

Good luck with the sale 👍

I have boxes 🤣

• Like 1

On 20/06/2024 at 18:46, AndyTravis said:

I have boxes 🤣

😂 They’d need to be made of titanium to survive the trip to where I live! Besides, I wouldn’t want to put you through the UK-EU customs caper. I had to stop selling stuff to the UK from this year -  everything was being returned to me (usually trashed) with the customs stickers ripped off and ‘return to sender’ stickers put on instead. The customs folks haven’t got their act together yet.

But you’ll have no problem selling that bass in the UK. I’d already have made the train journey if I was still there 👍

• Like 1

• AndyTravis changed the title to On Hold - Another 70’s/80’s Fretless Acoustic - please read