Why become a member? ×

New Source Audio pedal - ARTIFAKT Lo-fi Elements

Quatschmacher

Just when I thought I had my pedalboard sorted... 

The preview videos hit Youtube a couple of hours after I sold a guitar so I now have one of these on pre-order!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, matybigfro said:

Was this the closest guess before the additional clues came out? I mean this in an entirely complimentary way.

Was in the ballpark vis a vis the pedal’s inherent weirdness. A few people guessed single aspects. 

It's pretty fing cool, if I was using my C4 more I would be chomping at the bit for one of these especially as I love some bit crushing. As it is this is the kick up the but I need to get the source audio midi adapter so I can hook up my Boss Gt-1000 to the C4 and start making use of it more again. For now will have to stick with my hotline krush for all my bit crushing delights.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

At some point Nate Navarro will do a demo. 

Which will sound amazing but objectively useless as it'll be 90% him showing off, rather than showing the pedal off...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kev said:

Which will sound amazing but objectively useless as it'll be 90% him showing off, rather than showing the pedal off...

If I had teeth like him I would be showing off all the time too

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Has anyone on here ordered/received one of these yet? It’s getting nice positive feedback from users so far. 

No, but i look at it every day.

Im going to build a guitar and get the artifakt for it. Will be a project.

10 minutes ago, lidl e said:

No, but i look at it every day.

Im going to build a guitar and get the artifakt for it. Will be a projekt.

Fixed it for you.

Posted (edited)
On 04/07/2024 at 13:33, LukeFRC said:

I strongly recommend checking this guy’s channel out; the diff he builds is amazing. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

Major issues with the neuro 3 desktop app.

Bricked my C4! Was able to fix but i had to search for a few hours to find instructions.

I did DL the latest neuro version published last night (3.0.18) but im nervous to use it. Now my C4 is factory reset. 

Waiting to hear from the source audio guy if 3.0.18 is good to go. Hopefully i can use my old backup file

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, lidl e said:

Major issues with the neuro 3 desktop app.

Bricked my C4! Was able to fix but i had to search for a few hours to find instructions.

I did DL the latest neuro version published last night (3.0.18) but im nervous to use it. Now my C4 is factory reset. 

Waiting to hear from the source audio guy if 3.0.18 is good to go. Hopefully i can use my old backup file

The latest version has been stable so far. What version did you use when you wiped your C4?

Sorry you spent hours flailing: I have posted recovery instructions in a couple of places recently for some users who had similar issues. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

The latest version has been stable so far. What version did you use when you wiped your C4?

Sorry you spent hours flailing: I have posted recovery instructions in a couple of places recently for some users who had similar issues. 

I found this on the other site. 

Screenshot_20240714_164545_Chrome.thumb.jpg.82a9b27e35b722a76fbbc214ef4e7d20.jpg

I believe i was on 3.0.10 when it bricked the pedal. I have 3.0.18 now but im scared to use it. 

You can see many people bricked their pedals when neuro 3 first came out in that thread.

I wonder if this is the case. I asked in the other thread, but is this possibly possible?

"
So i don't know how any of this works, but does this this mean you can use this process to change the firmware on a source audio pedal to any of their other pedals? Was your aftershock effectively their trem pedal in the aftershock housing?"

Do we have access to all SA one series pedals just by updating firmware manually in bootloader? Because that seems to be the case, but i cant imagine.

I know the artifakt is a different housing, but most ofnthe others are similar

Edited by lidl e

44 minutes ago, lidl e said:

Do we have access to all SA one series pedals just by updating firmware manually in bootloader? Because that seems to be the case, but i cant imagine.

Depends if hardware is same… and any protection they have installed! 

dare you to try it! :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Depends if hardware is same… and any protection they have installed! 

dare you to try it! :D

Your man over there said his aftershock was registering as a vertigo tremolo

1 hour ago, lidl e said:

I found this on the other site. 

Screenshot_20240714_164545_Chrome.thumb.jpg.82a9b27e35b722a76fbbc214ef4e7d20.jpg

I believe i was on 3.0.10 when it bricked the pedal. I have 3.0.18 now but im scared to use it. 

You can see many people bricked their pedals when neuro 3 first came out in that thread.

I wonder if this is the case. I asked in the other thread, but is this possibly possible?

"
So i don't know how any of this works, but does this this mean you can use this process to change the firmware on a source audio pedal to any of their other pedals? Was your aftershock effectively their trem pedal in the aftershock housing?"

I know the artifakt is a different housing, but most ofnthe others are similar

There have been many fixes in the versions since you did that. It was two weeks ago that the first iteration came out. 

9 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

There have been many fixes in the versions since you did that. It was two weeks ago that the first iteration came out. 

I was just able to use 3.0.18 to restore my backup