Why become a member? ×

Price drop now £500 - Fender Vintera 50s Precision - *SOLD*
£700
Manchester

PRICE DROPPED TO SELL

£500 MINT CONDITION Fender Vintera 50s Precision in beautiful Sea Foam Green. My favourite P bass I've ever owned (and I've had a handful over the years)!

*Update*

So I initially priced the bass based on what I could see of Vintera Ps on Reverb, Ebay etc. Based on some comments here, a little research into Vinteras that have gone on here, and the need to sell it very soon, I've dropped the price significantly. This will be the absolute final price drop; I can't go any lower! It won't be around for loads longer and I won't be devastated to hold on to it; I absolutely love this bass. It's just this is my best shot at buying my dream bass - a Ltd edition PJ I've found second hand and have a deposit on. 

Please note the Custom Shop '62 pickup is now sold.

Bass:

Bought in summer 2020, only played a couple of times outside the house and very well looked after. In mint condition. Simple, classic and beautiful in its pastel green (photos of these basses often look blue but they're greener in the flesh). I've included a photo with a tort pickguard which I had on - I will be keeping the pickguard but SFGreen/ tort looks amazing and I wanted to show it off too. 

Neck is the old-school 44mm width at the nut, but I've found it comfortable to play and have picked this one up again and again. Nice vintage tint to the neck but not at all sticky. Really hard to put down once you start playing. 

Selling because we're moving house and need less stuff! I've sold my Sterling Stingray, now putting this up and have one bass on hold for me to replace the two.

Collection preferred from south Manchester (could drive within 30 miles on a Saturday too) but I will happily post it if buyer covers cost of postage and insurance. 

Thanks for the interest.

Will

PXL_20240620_214913580.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

PXL_20240620_215336673.jpg

PXL_20240620_215503379.jpg

PXL_20240620_215419441.jpg

PXL_20240620_214959822.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20240620_212017535.PORTRAIT.jpg

Edited by ManchesterWill
  • Like 15

I have one of these but in red. It's a brilliant bass - I would NOT say the neck is a bit of a baseball bat though - it's wide (as a P bass should be) but really flat ... well mine is anyway. It's really comfortable to play, sounds awesome and looks the business! GLWTS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hi all. Thanks for the interest so far - few trade offers already. This is strictly for sale though as I already have a new bass on hold for me.

Nbpartnership - yes maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot here as the nut width is large but neck is flat. Not one for zooming around the fretboard but lovely to play.

Bassadder60 - thanks for pointing this out and I should say there are 3 new holes drilled underneath the anodised pickguard (very cleanly!) to accommodate a 13-hole pickguard. 

Edited by ManchesterWill

• ManchesterWill changed the title to Price drop - Fender Vintera 50s Precision + Custom shop '62 p pickup

Great bass… as a guide I sold my nearly new Red Dakota for £400 ! 
Yours is priced a little high perhaps if you need a quick sale 

Edited by BassAdder60

Posted (edited)

Thanks BassAdder. Not seeing them elsewhere for anywhere near that price, on Reverb, eBay etc they're going for between £580 and £800 hence my price. I think that's reasonable for one in mint condition and with the offer of a Custom Shop p'up too.

I won't be at all gutted to keep it if it doesn't go all in time, just £50 lost on a deposit and a missed chance to get the Am professional roasted maple Daphne Blue PJ bass (which was always my dream bass when they were released). I can very happily live with this though if it doesn't go (I meant it when I said my fav p bass so far!)

Edited by ManchesterWill

Yep I let mine go quickly and a bargain price but I purchased it heavily reduced in price new when Vintera II was released around £650 I recall 

Im sure yours will sell in time but nothing is moving fast  at the moment as folks are holding on to their money ! 

• ManchesterWill changed the title to Price drop now £500 - Fender Vintera 50s Precision

Hi all, having done some research on what Vinteras have gone for on here (as opposed to what they're on for on Ebay etc), I've dropped it for the final time. Definitely can't afford to go lower than this and think this is an absolute bargain for a phenomenal Vintera P. 
I've doubled my feedback from one to two! Here it is below. 

I'll keep bumping it a little while longer but it's soon or never. Thanks for the interest! 

• Like 1

• ManchesterWill changed the title to Sold - Fender Vintera 50s Precision