Why become a member? ×

Sandberg: Adjusting string spacing - anyone have a video clip?

bassman1982

I’m looking for help adjusting the string spacing on my 2014 Sandberg California TT4. I tried to make it as narrow as possible but it’s still just over 19mm. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. I read the bridge allows for 18.5mm or maybe even 18mm. My bass is a 2014 but the bridge looks identical to the bridge on the newer Sandbergs. Attaching a pic. 

3885DE5D-0BC4-44EE-8E6C-1518B91A301B.jpeg

Bottom right hex grub screws on saddles .. top of the 2 needs loosening then you can slide string roller left or right to change spacing :)then tighten back up (hex screw underneath ‘locks’ the whole saddle in place once intonation length is set)

Edited by sifi2112
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sifi2112 said:

Bottom right hex grub screws on saddles .. top of the 2 needs loosening then you can slide string roller left or right to change spacing :)then tighten back up (hex screw underneath ‘locks’ the whole saddle in place once intonation length is set)

yeah that’s what I did. The amount of movement left to right was very small but I guess that makes sense when you’re dealing with mm. Once I made the adjustments for the narrowest spacing from the G to the E, I adjusted the inner two saddles for even spacing  between each string pair, then measured the spacing and it’s over 19mm. Shouldn’t it be 18 or 18.5? 

On 22/06/2024 at 04:33, fretmeister said:

I left mine as it came.

But I have some new strings getting delivered in a day or two and when they arrive I’ll see what measurements I can take. 

have a chance to adjust your string spacing? 

• 3 weeks later...