Why become a member? ×

NBD: Spector Dan Briggs

GrahamLeeds

Just got this 🙂

s-l1600.thumb.webp.a4b53ed7c3ec2b1819502417fff65e4c.webp

Wanted to get a Spector neckthru 5 string and this came up...

I've been using a Jazz and this neck is thicker but still nice, but the sound difference is really surprising....the Jazz goes through a couple of different overdrive/distortion pedals which seems overkill for this so far...really happy with it!

The quality is lovely.

Edited by GrahamLeeds
  • Like 12

• GrahamLeeds changed the title to NBD: Spector Dan Briggs

Lovely. .

I made a change from mainly playing my Jazz basses to an NS2000/4 a year or two back.

Big change in sound - took me a while to get used to it (especially when using overdrive, et. al.) but I'm a big fan now....an 'I now have two' fan :)

What's the pickup and EQ complement ?

P.S. I'm a sucker for a bass that looks like a chocolate biscuit !

Edited by ahpook

It's supposed to be EMG SSD with Tonepump jr, but as it's my first Spector I have no idea how any of this compares to others, the sound really is another world to the Jazz though, I just plugged it in with the same pedal settings as for the Jazz and it was a multiple more distorted. Messing about with it today it only needs minimal overdrive to get the sound I want.

Wasn't sure about the colour but in real life it has a really nice burl you can't see in the photos.

• Like 1

If you like the sound, you like it, no comparison necessary.

I've tried various combinations of active EMG pickups and circuits in my two. They all have different flavours. I've ended up with one with the stock electronics and the other is active EMGs with a passive tone control.

I had to back off the gain on my drives too - there's a lot of signal comes out of them !

• Like 1

I love “Between the buried and me” Dans band, this bass is based on his old high school Spector bass which he did most of his learning on and which he worried he’d break on the road!