Why become a member? ×

Interesting guitar

That looks great, seen the style before.

You can get away with Carbon Fibre here for the backbone and its not a problem at all as string tension is low compared to a bass.

The engineering looks really good as well.

I think thats a decent price for whats gone into it.

Rob

I'm not sure that the backbone is carbon fibre. The silvery grey edging to it suggests that it could be a piece of aluminium channel with carbon fibre wrap over it.

• Like 1

No I can't see any pickups, I assumed they were black on a black background or underneath.

If it's aluminium with real carbon fibre next to it, I hope he's isolated the layers, galvanic corrosion is real. The alumnium spacers butt onto CF, though they could be painted over on the ends.

https://compositeenvisions.com/document/galvanic-corrosion-carbon-fiber-and-aluminum/

I found this out when checking out using CF for my bass guitar, CF is great but is not a miracle material that can replace everything. F1 commentators speak of it in hushed tones, its very light but has the same strength as aluminioum for it's size.

Rob

Had a reply from him, should have posted this sooner.

Output jack on side of guitar (not seen In photos)

Tone is what you see is what you get (it's awesome) tuning pegs at base of body

Pickups integrated with body.

Happy to demonstrate.

Genuinely, it's an engineering solution that's awesome

So no volume or tone on the instrument. Looking tat the pictures again, the output socket looks like it's halfway along the body on the underside. And apparently it's awesome (the seller may have read one too many copies of Motorcycle News).