Why become a member? ×

Black Dog supplies...

TheGreek

I'm always one to "big up" companies that provide excellent service - here's my feedback for the service I received from Black Dog supplies on eBay.

I needed a nut for a 5 string bass so off I went to eBay - found several including the one from Black Dog supplies. Like many I carried on looking and ticked/ watched a few items. When time came to actually place the order I clicked on the 4 string version - :facepalm: - I didn't realise at first but when I did I contacted Mark at Black Dog and explained the situation.

He very helpfully checked what I needed , confirmed my order and sent the order out that day.

With the effect Brexit is having on purchasing parts in the UK it's nice to have a company that you can rely on to provide quality parts at reasonable prices. 

• 2 weeks later...

Further to the above - nut arrived safely and I set about installing it. At the point where I was installing the low B the nut snapped - suggesting that the .120 was too large for the nut. I was hoping to replace with a metal nut - Got in touch with Mark and John -  a 42x6x6.5mm nut in metal does not exist apparently - John felt sanding a 45mm black one would be unsightly - new nut in the post - no charge.

This time I've gone to the trouble of running some sandpaper through each of the grooves to allow for some additional space.