Why become a member? ×

Ugliest headstock ! G&l ???

20 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

The G&L is a munter. 100%.

The early headstocks were nice, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Fender complain the original design was too similar to theirs?  

Hence the change plus the removal of "by Leo Fender" on the decal. I have both versions, I prefer the early style one but don't notice (avoid noticing) the shape of the later one when playing it.

6 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

81009s.jpg

This is the adult stage. The larvae are often aggressively farmed to become tongue depressors, and the nymphs to become seaside chip forks. That's why you don't see many of these adults in the wild.

Edited by simisker
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, JoeEvans said:

Looking at all of these has made me realise that it's just headstocks that are ugly. They're all ugly.

They are - the fender ones are pretty ugly, the telecaster (and original P) are beyond ugly but everyone is used to them.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

They are - the fender ones are pretty ugly, the telecaster (and original P) are beyond ugly but everyone is used to them.

Yes - exactly. 

7 hours ago, Doctor J said:

Sure there is, a bass both with and without a headstock

Laurus-bass-Quasar-paletta.jpg

I'm hoping the body of something like this makes up for such a hideous headstock, but I doubt it.

Other than that...

th-220.jpeg

Edited by jd56hawk
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jd56hawk said:

I'm hoping the body of something like this makes up for such a hideous headstock, but I doubt it.

Please don’t search Laurus. Save yours eyes. For saying the Italians are infamous for art, they’re bass guitar designs are shocking.

• Haha 2

On 22/06/2024 at 13:08, patrikmarky said:

So I have a awesome G&L 2500 ..I love everything about it ..but that headstock 😢😢is there anything out there worse ..IMG_0834.thumb.jpeg.8fa1e099aef05953a9c30fbe66cebad9.jpeg

This is so much better than the fender headstocks already! 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Bolo said:

This is so much better than the fender headstocks already! 

I have given my other one  a bit of a make over IMG_0852.thumb.jpeg.233a5297e8605ba317d7076bfb55ba92.jpegover 

Edited by patrikmarky

3 minutes ago, patrikmarky said:

I have given my other one  a bit of a make over IMG_0852.thumb.jpeg.233a5297e8605ba317d7076bfb55ba92.jpegover 

You know what they say - black is slimming.  Sarcasm aside, I like the black tuners/black strings combo.  Need a black screw inside that string tree though for the full effect...

• Like 1

On 22/06/2024 at 14:53, AndyTravis said:

They’re sort of so ugly…I would forgive it…

like LEH guitars - their basses are gorgeous, apart from the pig ugly headstock 

IMG_0214.jpeg

I love it! It’s so beautiful!