Why become a member? ×

Ugliest headstock ! G&l ???

I always thought newer G&L headstock was really cool looking. I think it only works on 4 strings, beyond that it's a little bloated looking.

There's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse headstocks out there regardless.

• Like 3

The G&L headstock at the start of the topic doesn't look too bad to me.
I'm very wary of saying that something about someone else's gear is ugly, as they might love it.

I remember a local musician really losing it and going off into a rant on Facebook at the apparent ugliness of a Dean stage acoustic guitar that I own. I asked a couple of normal people to make sure I wasn't deluding myself into being seen playing A PIG. That all said it was nice enough.

Edited by 12stringbassist
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, JazzyJ said:

Does this pass muster? I've got a couple and aren't offended.IMG_20240626_171708.thumb.jpg.90741021eb260129b40aca9afe8973eb.jpg

I'm not bothered but I'm having to calm my Triad down as it's a little upset that its headstock is even appearing in this thread ;)

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, JazzyJ said:

Does this pass muster? I've got a couple and aren't offended.IMG_20240626_171708.thumb.jpg.90741021eb260129b40aca9afe8973eb.jpg

Rev headstocks look better when painted gloss black, in my opinion. There's more of a passably handsome retro vibe about them.

I wouldn't say that the natural finish is particularly minging by any stretch... it just has a whiff of "sixth form D&T project" about it.

Love the instruments, though :)

Edited by simisker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, simisker said:

Rev headstocks look better when painted gloss black, in my opinion. There's more of a passably handsome retro vibe about them.

I wouldn't say that the natural finish is particularly minging by any stretch... it just has a whiff of "sixth form D&T project" about it.

Love the instruments, though :)

Would've preferred matching Gunmetal, but this is close.

yo7entag8h87ova3rp8s.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Did we do this nonsense yet?

IMG_0579.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

Why do I have an uncomfortable feeling about the latter and headstock breakage? What problem is it a solution to?

12 minutes ago, 3below said:

Why do I have an uncomfortable feeling about the latter and headstock breakage? What problem is it a solution to?

Sales.

”look Ted, these basses - we’re selling hundreds…I can’t keep up!!!”

”I’ve got an idea Mike…STEPS. Make the headstock like some hamster steps…you’ll sell f*ck all and the internet will mock you for years…”

”thanks Ted, you’re ace at really stupid ideas…”

”I know”

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Did we do this nonsense yet?

IMG_0579.jpeg

Wow. Look at the break angle on that B (or whatever tuning of the lowest) string!

And does it really pass under all the other strings?

Mark