Why become a member? ×

Fender precision 1972 on Ebay

patch006

Quite a few modifications by the look of it, maybe only the body and neckplate are original, maybe the bridge, pickguard isn’t original, and the neck is quite out of line if you look at the strings, I think I’d give that one a miss myself 🙂

The E string is almost off the fretboard isn't it. It that the bridge or the neck just isn't a right fit? 

How can you tell the scratch plate is wrong ? Should the toggle switch be there or not? 

Definitely no switches on a 72 and the tort doesn’t look right to me , the thing is I’ve had a few 70s fenders that were made up from parts and they played great, an original 72 would be double that price, I suppose it depends what your looking for, are you close enough to check it out 

9 minutes ago, patch006 said:

The E string is almost off the fretboard isn't it. It that the bridge or the neck just isn't a right fit?

It looks to me like there's no tension in the strings- the E strings looks curved and possibly stuck to one of the pole pieces.

Might just be my eyes though. !

• 1 month later...

I bought one of those new in, surprisingly, 1972.  Left handed, it cost me £220 in sunburst.  I don't like sunburst but a solid colour would have been 10% extra and I couldn't afford it.  I had to order it from my friendly, local music shop and when it eventually arrived, it was rubbish.  Yes the neck was out of line and when straightened up, soon found its way back again.  The bridge adjusted itself constantly and the neck was really thick and hard to play, for me at least.  I was a tad disappointed.  1972 was not a good year for Fender!