Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass XLR input on front - could you take DI out of pedal board into amp this way?

Duroc17

Hi All

Mark Bass manual isn't clear - but the balanced line in - i take it it's for double bass inputs but could you take DI output from MXR Bass DI into balanced input - i'm guessing this doesn't bypass the power amp - instead you'd need to use the FX send and return to bypass the power amp 

I think i answered my own question but wanted to check the bass brain whats best as i want the pedal board to be the source of my sound and the Mark Bass to be a monitor which i can use or not use if i choose

ta in advance - my tiny brainand lack of MB details on manual doesnt help

14 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I think you mean bypass the preamp.

Just go board into the FX return. That will bypass the preamp. 

Hiya

I meant about going into the balanced line in on the top of the MB (it's a CMD121 combo) from my pedalboard to reduce noise then use the amp's DI to go to front of house - that is when i'm using the amp - i was just wondering if using a Preamp into XLR in on MB would cause any problems? ta 

39 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I can't see why it would cause any problems but I also can't see any noise advantages either.

Start with a really low signal from the MXR and ease it up slowly.

What sort of noise are you getting?

Thanks sir

I'm getting noise after chorus which is after compressor - which when i add the MXR at the end (so boss tuner/ Seymour Duncan compressor/ EHX chorus/ MXR preamp di)  then i have hiss from treble on the chorus - without the MXR it's great no hissing - the MXR was an afterthought and doesnt hiss on it's own - but i need chorus for 80s stuff i'm doing at mo - 

Would you consider connecting the Chorus pedal using the go and return of the Markbass effects loop? That moves the (possible) source of the hiss downstream where the signal is higher and the hiss/noise should be less.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Suburban Man said:

Would you consider connecting the Chorus pedal using the go and return of the Markbass effects loop? That moves the (possible) source of the hiss downstream where the signal is higher and the hiss/noise should be less.

Funny enough I was just watching a video on 4 cable method which said modulation and delays to be in fx loop. I’m going to try it. After I try the chorus at end of chain - though if I go ampless it’ll have to go back into before mxr Di

• Like 1