Why become a member? ×

Can anyone identify this bridge?

danpb

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.

Pic of one of Alex Levine of Gaslight Anthem’s Nash basses. Nash usually uses a regular fender vintage style so I’m guessing either a custom addition or aftermarket. 

IMG_3420.jpeg

2 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I didn’t recognise the bridge, but that’s one nice looking P bass to me

fify

it might have a warped neck, a broken trussrod, knackered electrics, worn frets and play and sound like cr4p, just because it's a bit road worn doesn't mean it's a nice bass surely

10 hours ago, Aidan63 said:

fify

it might have a warped neck, a broken trussrod, knackered electrics, worn frets and play and sound like cr4p, just because it's a bit road worn doesn't mean it's a nice bass surely

Despite the fact that this Bass has seen 70.000 people this weekende means It surely is a nice bass.

They were awesome at the Hurricane Festival. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aidan63 said:

fify

He said it looks like a nice bass, made no assumptions on it's condition or setup. But as @Chrishi_J said, it's a touring bass of a fairly decent level band, constantly touring and I know those guys hire decent techs, so i'd probably guess it plays nicely.

• Thanks 1

Brian knows Nash quite well (he seems to know half of the industry, because that guy is a crazy gearhead) and Gaslight use a bunch of his kit.

I briefly met up with them on the last UK tour and Ian mentioned that Brian had commissioned Nash to build two 335s for them after the Horrible Crowes album - apparently the only two he's ever built. Ian got a red one and Brian got a white one that ended up getting smashed up somehow.

On 24/06/2024 at 17:31, LeftyJ said:

I was going to say it looked like aluminium under plating. I've got a hipshot: https://www.allparts.uk.com/products/hipshot-top-load-or-through-the-body-bass-bridge?variant=660408693 that I never really knew what to make of. I guess the idea is that it is more neutral and connects to the body better? I find myself preferring more solid metals.

They say: https://ksmguitars.com/faq/

Why not brass?

The speed at which sound can travel through aluminum is faster then that of brass. Learn more here Also, with the larger mass of our bridge brass would make your bass heavier and could become uncomfortable on an already heavy instrument. Because of aluminum's quality the instrument itself becomes more alive. Learn more here >>> https://physics.info/sound/