Why become a member? ×

The AI clusterf*** gathers momentum

I was pleased and interested to read that story. In a sense it's an open and shut case - AI 'creativity' is plagiarism by definition. I'll be watching to see how the case plays out!

"and claims more than 10 million people have used its tool to make music"

And like lemmings over the cliff, lambs to the slaughter everyone just goes along with it??  "Oh great a tool to make music"  It must be good then. Iam truly perplexed at what is happening in the world right now. 

• Like 3

As I said back in May on the other AI thread:

From everything I have seen AI composition is still very much at the stage most of us were at when we were writing our first few songs, with our primary influences still very obviously on show, and the problem isn't that AI is taking away from musicians and composers, but more that it is likely to be sued for plagiarism.

• Like 1

Rick Beato's latest vid' discusses how it has become ever easier to manufacture (I can't bring myself to use the words "create", or even "make") music. The downside is, of course, homogenisation, which he points out. AI, which by its nature, has to be derivative, can only increase the trend for everything to sound the same.

As has been pointed out on other threads about the way popular music is heading, nobody who is interested in seeking out real or original music should expect to find it in the mainstream/mass market.

• Like 1