Why become a member? ×

AI descriptions at their best!

Either write a description yourself or nick somebody else's description of something similar and change the wording slightly. Auto-generated descriptions are not only dreadful but also show you can't even be arsed to do a copy and paste.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tauzero said:

Either write a description yourself or nick somebody else's description of something similar and change the wording slightly. Auto-generated descriptions are not only dreadful but also show you can't even be arsed to do a copy and paste.

Not too mention, despite all the waffle tell you absolutely nothing about the thing you're buying. 

I haven't sold anything on eBay for over a decade. Is the AI thing now a built in feature, or are people just using external tools like ChatGPT? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Not too mention, despite all the waffle tell you absolutely nothing about the thing you're buying. 

I haven't sold anything on eBay for over a decade. Is the AI thing now a built in feature, or are people just using external tools like ChatGPT? 

It’s a built in feature and prompts people to select AI as an option when adding a description. My big concern with things like ChatGPT is that it scrapes the internet (vastly simplified i know) to create the text. What happens when the data it scrapes is all AI generated waffle?

Are we going to be left with a population speaking AI. One huge pool of word soup that circles around a concept but never gets to the essence of anything. 

Entire populations speaking fluent marketing and politics. Man that is depressing.

Edited by tegs07
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, tegs07 said:

It’s a built in feature and prompts people to select AI as an option when adding a description. My big concern with things like ChatGPT is that it scrapes the internet (vastly simplified i know) to create the text. What happens when the data it scrapes is all AI generated waffle?

Are we going to be left with a population speaking AI. One huge pool of word soup that circles around a concept but never gets to the essence of anything. 

Entire populations speaking fluent marketing and politics. Man that is depressing.

I believe that's exactly what will happen. 

I believe the internet rather than being improved my AI, will become pointless and unusable the more AI grows it's roots. We're already starting to see this with saturation of AI content in YouTube making it harder and harder to find good content. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I believe that's exactly what will happen. 

I believe the internet rather than being improved my AI, will become pointless and unusable the more AI grows it's roots. We're already starting to see this with saturation of AI content in YouTube making it harder and harder to find good content. 

A conspiracy of blandness. 

• Like 3

In the gain of a recurring bursitis for the return of it and it was also missing the top of your mind as well as it would be a good morning to the other person who knows what they are doing with their zingy tone.

• Haha 2

I think Lewis Carroll predicted AI:

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!

The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun

The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;

Long time the manxome foe he sought—

So rested he by the Tumtum tree

And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,

The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,

Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,

And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through

The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!