Why become a member? ×

Ebay Palaver

6 hours ago, ardi100 said:

So, my cab finally turned up. Now I'm being accused of attempted fraud!

Glad it turned up! Just leave the seller negative feedback...make sure it is factual, but negative - and enjoy the cab!

3 minutes ago, sammybee said:

Glad it turned up! Just leave the seller negative feedback...make sure it is factual, but negative - and enjoy the cab!

True, it can be quite straightforward!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sammybee said:

Wait until you've had a bit of back and forth before leaving negative feedback. They've done their side of things and sent the cab, it's got to you, so I'd say the worst you could do is leave neutral feedback.

• Like 2

I would suggest that people look at it from both sides.

The seller knows they have sent it, they have the tracking information, the courier claims they dropped it off, the buyer says he has nothing! The seller has no way to know what's really going on, the courier has lied through their teeth but neither the seller or buyer really know. 

The seller is in just a big a bind as you as they rely on the courier information.

You both think you are in the right and according to the information you have, you are. 

The dodgy person here is the courier. 

Personally speaking I wouldn't leave negative or neutral feedback. 

You've got the amp, it's been a pain but move on. The learning lesson is don't use cheap courier companies. P2Go are bottom feeders here. 

I am not the seller just to be clear. 

• Like 5

Man thing is that it arrived ..hurrah ! 
Being accused of fraud is outrageous , and the seller should have apologised if the seller did the accusing imho.

Now here's the rub regarding feedback ;; I'd do nothing . If the seller leaves positive feedback , all he better. I'd still do nothing .

It sounds like the seller won't bother leaving any anyway . They may do, up to them I guess. 

Thankfully , I've still got 100% all positive feedback . 🤞it stays that way .  It can lead to anxious moments buying and selling , as we know . I've had no feedback left at times , but thought " fair enough , no harm done " as at least it wasn't neutral or negative. 
Sending vinyl lps/ 12"s used to leave me worrying at times , plus liaising with buyer if they have received a special delivery and hearing nothing a day or 2 later. They lead busier lives than mine I assume , and I do receive reassurance eventually . 
I'd say if no bad or neutral feedback is left , forget about it and move on . Only imho of course .

• Like 2

I could be wrong but I think people can get negative feedback removed, whereas neutral might stay there, I tend not to leave any feedback if I’m not totally happy but I do message the seller to give them a chance to rectify anything 

• Like 1

This is all run off the mill stuff these days, can't see any need for negative feedback, courier was crap, seller having a bad day, buyer perhaps a little too anxious (not a criticism, we've all been there). I've had a couple of way way worse courier experiences recently, complete comedy crapness, both made a whole lot easier by the fact that both the people at the other end - BCers of course - were very calm and cool about everything 👍

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Beedster said:

This is all run off the mill stuff these days, can't see any need for negative feedback, courier was crap, seller having a bad day, buyer perhaps a little too anxious (not a criticism, we've all been there). I've had a couple of way way worse courier experiences recently, complete comedy crapness, both made a whole lot easier by the fact that both the people at the other end - BCers of course - were very calm and cool about everything 👍

Voice of reason.

37 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

Voice of reason.

Very true!

I haven't left any feedback yet. I'm annoyed that the seller took so long to do anything - he was adamant that the cab was in a depot near me with no evidence of that. And then the accusation.

There was some weird crackling in the cab when I first plugged it in. I did wonder if the fraud allegation was a ruse to stop me trying to send it back if it was broken, but I've been playing it with no trouble since then.