Why become a member? ×

Alto Saxophone, very nice condition £125.00 - *SOLD*
£125
South Essex nr M25

For those among us who have wider musical tastes, here's my Alto Saxophone for sale. As much as an exotic bass gets the juices going, there's no denying a shiny saxophone is a damn sexy thing to behold

This is certainly a great sax for a beginner, I would expect an intermediate player to use a more advanced instrument than this but as an introduction to the world of saxophones this is a fantastic instrument at a great price. I'm only selling it as a better alto sax has come my way, I only need one Alto sax ! 

It's a Cranes Alto Saxophone in very nice condition. There are a few tiny blemishes which I've tried to photo in the interests of full disclosure, there is also a small area of surface corrosion around the base of one post but it's certainly no cause for concern regarding stability, it's only visible with much closer inspection. If someone gave me this instrument as a present I certainly wouldn't be disappointed in any way by the blemishes as they don't detract from the overall extremely good condition, it presents very well indeed. Even the case is in extremely good condition.

It comes with a used mouthpiece and ligature, the stand in the photos is not included

I've found learning the saxophone to be a fascinating journey, it's refreshing to tread new ground and get out of the rut that comes along once in a while. As Jaco said, try learning the sax part, you never know where it will take you... 

It's £125.00, I won't be dropping the price as I honestly think it's worth more but I'd rather see it go sooner rather than later 

Prefer collection, but happy to discuss courier services

Thanks all    

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0415.JPG

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

Edited by essexbasscat

• essexbasscat changed the title to Alto Saxophone, very nice condition £125.00

Quite unusual here in the U.K. These are Vietnamese made, not the usual Chinese of cheaper horns. Intonation is reputed to be good and the oneI refurbed for someone was spot on. Bargain for someone to dip their toe in and they blow nice and easy so great for a beginner. Much better than the Gear 4 Music generic type. GLWTS

Yes indeed sir, wholly agree this is a bargain considering what it is and how it sits compared to some cheap saxes out there. I'm quite surprised this hasn't gone yet considering it's priced for less than some teenagers would spend down the pub on a Saturday night

If this hasn't gone soon I'm going to do something silly. GLWTS for my own sake.

My long ago landlord's daughter let me attempt her clarinet (old rubbish mouthpiece reed and ligature installed first is my excuse) not a success. But this is cheaper than an ewi........

• 2 weeks later...

Really surprised this hasn't gone yet, it's silly money for an instrument like this.

The saxophone is a fascinating instrument, there's a whole community out there that talk about mouthpieces etc the way we bassists talk about our gear. Another world of GAS !

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose in a forum like this, it's a bit of a 'take a punt' instrument for most and with money being tight across the board, spending £125 on a curiosity is probably not on most people's radar. Absolutely no doubt its well worth the asking price, perhaps BC isn't the best forum to advertise it on? Or at least, if it must be sold via BC, opening yourself up to potential trades or offers may help. Are there no equivalent 'Sax' forums out there? I do hope it sells, as it is tempting me, but a sensible head must prevail for now!

37 minutes ago, essexbasscat said:

Frankly amazed an instrument of this complexity of construction hasn't gone at this price, what do others think it's worth ? 

I buy and sell a few and generally if they are an unknown name (but not Gear4music or similar) then I ask around £200 and usually accept £150+. I generally buy WITH ISSUES at £50-100 and then do a bit of work, so I think yours is a genuine bargain, especially as it’s Vietnamese not Chinese. As I said above, I have had hands on one and they are a step up from generic Chinese. It has to be worth £125 all day long but I guess Basschat is a narrow market for such things.

And there are sax forums but they are obscenely snobby and I only use them for Yamaha or better, something like yours will just get abuse. It may be worth giving the guy at The sax shack a shout, until recently he had a physical shop in Stoke but is only online now. He is a top bloke and genuine music lover, starter saxs like yours always sell well. I have sold a few through him and his reputation means that even after commission I have got more than I would have though a private sale.

• essexbasscat changed the title to Alto Saxophone, very nice condition £125.00 *sold*