Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline 55-02 Deluxe (Quilted Maple Top & Ebony Fretboard) Inc lightweight hardcase & UK Delivery - £975 - *SOLD*
£975
County Durham DH2

Paddy777

Lakland Skyline 55-02 Deluxe in Translucent Purple £975 (INCLUDING Lightweight Hardcase & UK Delivery)

- Stunning, high-end 5 String 35” Scale Lakland Deluxe bass, the “Deluxe” part meaning it is made with premium tone-woods (Ash Body, Quilted Maple Top, Maple Neck & Ebony Fretboard)

- One of the most versatile basses around with MM/J pickup config and coil tap switch for the bridge humbucker MM pickup giving you 3 options, splitting the coil in 2.

- 1st position is top row of coils only activated  (60’s Jazz Bass bridge pickup position) 2nd position is the bottom row of coils activated (70’s Jazz Bass bridge pickup position) and 3rd position is both rows of coils activated, which is ‘Stingray mode’ - Disclaimer: It doesn’t sound exactly like a Stingray! 😆 But you can get pretty close and it’s still a really funky sound in its own right anyway

- Bass is in fantastic condition, not really been gigged much by me and the finish remains perfectly in tact - visually it’s a  stunning bass and a real eye catcher that gets loads of comments about the looks as well as how it sounds 

- Ebony Fretboard on a Flat sawn Maple neck with a satin finish, which as is the case with almost all Lakland’s, it is extremely comfortable to play

- Finished in stunning translucent purple with no chips or dents in it. The finish allows you to see the grain of the wood, with the Ash at the back & sides contrasting beautifully with the Quilted Maple veneer on the top (**See pics below for close ups of grain/finish 😍**)

- Premium Lakland LH3 Electronics (3B boost & cut Preamp & MM/J Pickup config with coil tap switch as explained above) Really great musical sounding preamp, Bass is set at a very useful 125hz and the mids can be selected from 18 different available frequencies between 275hz & 1100hz using the dip switches in the control cavity 

- The Lakland LH3 pickups are really great sounding and are made to work with the LH3 preamp so the obviously sound great together. One of the best testaments to the LH3 pickups is that you virtually never see a 55-02 that has had modified pickups, because there’s very little out there you can get that’ll make any measurable improvement and there’s no reason to as the LH3 ones are schweeeeet! 😁 

- 35” Scale gives you a really great sounding low B string, as all the 35” scale Lakland’s are famous for. Strings can be done through the body or through the bridge.

- As this is the “Deluxe” model it comes with pretty much everything the US 55/94 Model comes with, which is all the premium tonewoods as already mentioned, flatsawn maple neck with Graphite Reinforcement Bars, and the premium electronics as mentioned above

Im sad to let this go, but I have very much priced it to sell. This isn’t an average 55-02 that’s been gigged hard with  standard features - it’s a top end Lakland made with the same premium parts as the US models, and it is then sent to the US for final QC, so apart from the assembly in the far east, I really to struggle to see what the value is in a US model at 3 x the price of this

£975 [inc case & UK shipping!]

**Includes a lightweight hardcase/semi hardcase (like a hard foam type case - anyway It’s brand new and Is absolutely perfect to ship it in as it’s light but will protect the bass!) AND U.K. Shipping!** 

Not really looking for trades, however if you do have something you think I’d be interested in drop me a message with it and the worst I can say is “No Thanks” 

The only Trades I have in mind currently that I’d seriously look at are: 

Sadowsky MetroExpress (Made in China) as a PX with cash my way, 

Or 

- Straight swap for a Yamaha BBP35 (MIJ),

but I can be pretty susceptible to a Deal 😁 so feel free to try me!

PICS BELOW 👇 

image7.thumb.jpeg.9adfbc0c43f434a2c908639af88fe27a.jpegimage6.thumb.jpeg.2c6609595698b3e1096b375ad0d33939.jpegimage5.thumb.jpeg.505d9fdf58b8972953325a32418b58de.jpegimage2.thumb.jpeg.880597b9281bc25b05742cd4e59a00e5.jpegimage8.thumb.jpeg.9773dacf985373bab17116063f414b6a.jpegimage9.thumb.jpeg.691f5d6090285fd7d8d046469bec4b88.jpeg

Edited by Paddy777
Tidying it up a bit! 😁
  • Like 12

Really? REALLY? Did you have to?!?!!? 🤣 I've just bought a pearl white one but might have been swayed by the colour of yours. 🤔 Early days yet but I've played it both at home and a local jam (house band) and can say I'm mightyly impressed with its sound, versatility, weight, balance, playability etc. All very real world useable. 👍 GLWTS

Edited by Acebassmusic
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Terry M. said:

The case is lightweight as you say but what about the bass itself please? 

She’s a little bit of a chunkster sitting at about 9.8lbs - but it’s a 35” scale, 5 string with an Ash body so it’s never gonna be a lightweight bass. It certainly doesn’t feel heavy “on” like some basses can, possibly because overall it’s a really well balanced instrument, but all that lovely resonating from the ‘premium tone woods’ Lakland talk about do come at the cost of it not being the lightest bass ever 😁

I’ve done a couple of relatively long sets/gigs with it (1 x 90 min set, and also did 3 x 45’s  over 4 hours) and it didn’t give me any backache or leave me feeling uncomfortable, and I’ve had chunky Jazz Bass’s before that have been problematic in that respect, but this has  always been OK 👍 

15 hours ago, dutchwife said:

Wow, that's gorgeous. Wish I was in the UK 😢. GLWTS. 

@dutchwife - if you want to pay for shipping abroad I’d be happy to look into and see what it costs, but it’d be at your cost. I really don’t know how much it’ll cost TBH, but if you wanted to do that I don’t mind seeing if it’s viable 

1 hour ago, Paddy777 said:

She’s a little bit of a chunkster sitting at about 9.8lbs - but it’s a 35” scale, 5 string with an Ash body so it’s never gonna be a lightweight bass. It certainly doesn’t feel heavy “on” like some basses can, possibly because overall it’s a really well balanced instrument, but all that lovely resonating from the ‘premium tone woods’ Lakland talk about do come at the cost of it not being the lightest bass ever 😁

I’ve done a couple of relatively long sets/gigs with it (1 x 90 min set, and also did 3 x 45’s  over 4 hours) and it didn’t give me any backache or leave me feeling uncomfortable, and I’ve had chunky Jazz Bass’s before that have been problematic in that respect, but this has  always been OK 👍 

Thank you 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tobiewharton said:

Wow! I really like it. I wish I could find a reason to own it! Alas, the stable is full.  Price seems excellent too.

Glwts

@tobiewharton - I’d take £750 and your Burgandy Mist V7 you’ve got up for sale if you fancied doing a deal 😉 haha 

• Paddy777 changed the title to *SOLD* Lakland Skyline 55-02 Deluxe (Quilted Maple Top & Ebony Fretboard) Inc lightweight hardcase & UK Delivery - £975