Why become a member? ×

NBD: A Lakland USA from far, far away

BassAgent

I felt I needed another good, great five string Jazz. I have a Lakland USA JO that I absolutely adore, and a befriended bass player has a 5 string USA JO that is also brilliant, so 1 and 1 makes 2: I needed a JO5. Found one from 2003 in Poland, had it shipped to Amsterdam, and it arrived within two days (which is really really fast in my book). The case was clearly used, but the bass is in pretty good nick. Has some bucklewear, but the frets are okay, the neck is nicely worn in and the overall feel is fantastic, as you'd expect from a bass from that price range. Haven't plugged it in yet because it arrived pretty late last night, but I already love this bass. Extra plus: it's pretty light.

ENLRjUf.jpg 

hClgby1.jpg 

he4dKwy.jpg 

yfwXw48.jpg 

CSkN2D8.jpg 

Edited by BassAgent
  • Like 13

That's a lovely pair you've got there.

USA Laklands are top quality instruments, no doubt about that. The necks are indeed pretty fabulous. Also, interestingly enough, they are very varied in profile. Just like old Fenders in that respect. I have owned four different 4 string  USA Lakland basses with Jazz Bass necks and all of them  very different to each other. All  very playable, though.