Why become a member? ×

Green Day Saviours tour

Just saw Green Day at Wembley last night, my daughter grew up listening to them and got us tickets.

A masterclass in how to do a big gig. At first I thought it would be a good gig but shame it's not a more intimate venue but as it turns out they're masters of the big crowd it felt good that we shared the music with so many people. 

And I have to say the playing was faultless and such energy consistently delivered over 2 and a half hours was impressive. 

Also, Maid of Ace kicked off the afternoon and I'm definitely a new fan.

• Like 2

Saw Green Day on the IOW Festival coverage and was very impressed.

Not usually my kind of thing but thought they were so good, really tight 

and polished whilst still sounding raw. US bands often seem to excel at this.

Saw them at Lancashire County Cricket Ground last week - was a funny one, watching my 15 year old daughter sing songs from my teen years - as if it was hers.

Very cool.

The new stuff doesn’t excite me, but it was a good show.

Nothing But Thieves were great too.

a73db0a1-42f9-4858-93aa-35a01d5fd3a5.jpeg

• Like 5

I haven’t seen Green Day for 20 years (on the American Idiot tour) and wasn’t able to make it to this one.

However I do like that Mike is playing a Grabber for the Dookie songs. Not the original (as I seem to remember reading years ago that it had been stolen) but still cool. Billie Joe is playing the BJ Strat for those songs too.

14 hours ago, joeystrange said:

I haven’t seen Green Day for 20 years (on the American Idiot tour) and wasn’t able to make it to this one.

However I do like that Mike is playing a Grabber for the Dookie songs. Not the original (as I seem to remember reading years ago that it had been stolen) but still cool. Billie Joe is playing the BJ Strat for those songs too.

I saw them on the American Idiot tour too when they played the Milton Keynes Bowl and they were fantastic.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I went on Saturday night too.   3 of my (now adult) kids came with me (Mrs C isn't a fan) and they all enjoyed it, though they are all fans.  It was just amazing hearing Dookie and American Idiot played in their entirety on the same night.  Saviors has some good songs too.

At the end of the show Billie Joe just sat down on stage and took it all in.  He certainly gave the impression of having a connection with the fans.

Maid of Ace were good (but F*****g sweary), and so were Anything But Thieves (less sweary)

I think it's easy to say your best ever gig was the last one you went to.  So I need to go to a couple of others and see if I still think the same.

And the obligatory photo of me and the girls resplendent in our stadium acquired "Stash" (I'm the one in the foreground 😀)

DSC_0175.jpg

Edited by Simon C
  • Like 6