Why become a member? ×

NBD - Fender Precision Bass (Player series)

UziYerDaddy

It's been almost a quarter century since I used to play bass.

Back then I had black Fender P-Bass and I have to say I really missed it. Hopped over to GuitarGuitar and picked up a new Player Series P-Bass in Buttercream. I'm so far out of practice that it'll be like starting all over, but it's sure good to have another of these beautiful instruments back in my life.

IMG_0468.thumb.jpg.d17dc461e3820ac6419a59459c705bf1.jpg

IMG_0466.thumb.jpg.92a73f5e0826130deeba8bc77e73da59.jpg

IMG_0467.thumb.jpg.8aad3f5ffd62135e80955026ecc127fe.jpg

• Like 21

Congrats. I had one of these in the buttercream as my flying bass for gigs in Europe. I thought I might have to replace tuners and pickups to make it more reliable but no, everything on it was great, all I did was add a black scratchplate and a Hipshot triple string retainer. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Congrats. I had one of these in the buttercream as my flying bass for gigs in Europe. I thought I might have to replace tuners and pickups to make it more reliable but no, everything on it was great, all I did was add a black scratchplate and a Hipshot triple string retainer. 

So pleased with it. Such an easy choice and not difficult to pull the trigger on this one 🤩

Lovely bass 

My player series were great but watch the bridge saddle screws as they tend to loosen and mess up the action.

Simple upgrade is changing the bridge or nail varnish on the screws 

Posted (edited)
On 30/06/2024 at 19:20, UziYerDaddy said:

It's been almost a quarter century since I used to play bass.

Back then I had black Fender P-Bass and I have to say I really missed it. Hopped over to GuitarGuitar and picked up a new Player Series P-Bass in Buttercream. I'm so far out of practice that it'll be like starting all over, but it's sure good to have another of these beautiful instruments back in my life.

IMG_0468.thumb.jpg.d17dc461e3820ac6419a59459c705bf1.jpg

IMG_0466.thumb.jpg.92a73f5e0826130deeba8bc77e73da59.jpg

IMG_0467.thumb.jpg.8aad3f5ffd62135e80955026ecc127fe.jpg

Someone on here put a black plate on that and it was great looking too! OOPS - just seen earlier post!

Edited by merello