Why become a member? ×

What IEM system and frequency should I get?

Hi all,

i’m looking to get myself an IEM system. Are there any recommendations? I’ve got some KZ ZS10 PROs which I plan to use with it. Also, I see many different frequency ranges mentioned, which one should I be looking at? 

I’m fairly flexible pricewise, just so long as its solid!

Cheers,

Will

Posted (edited)

I'm not really qualified to advise between different wireless iem systems (as I've only used the Sennheiser XSW IEM system) but recommend you read this thread if you haven't already. 

Regards, Gaz

Edited by gazhowe

Well this is a can of worms. There are a few options but some are better than others.

1. UHF The better systems will be form the usual suspects, avoid anything on the 863-865MHz band. It is too crowded and you will get interference. Go for a Channel 38 or Channel 65 system. The drawback to Ch38/68 is that you will need a licence at £75 per year and they re generally more expensive.

2. Digital. The main options are 2.8GHz and 5GHz. These are also used for Wifi and the 2.8GHz is also shared with Bluetooth. Also be aware that there will be a delay/latency. The cheaper the system the longer the delay. These band are both licence free.

3. UHF 600Mhz. There are many systems on AliExpress that use the 500-600 MHz bands but these are illegal for use in the UK although legal in the USA.

I am sure others will chip in, just wait a short while.

I have the MIPRO MI58 system. Very low latency figures and amazing audio.

I've used it about 10 times (I've been injured for the past 10 weeks, so no gigs) and it's been awesome.

I was going to buy Sennheiser EW-G4 (like my wireless mic) but it was so much more expensive and I took a leap of faith with the MIPRO.

So far.........................So good

4 hours ago, police squad said:

I have the MIPRO MI58 system. Very low latency figures and amazing audio.

I've used it about 10 times (I've been injured for the past 10 weeks, so no gigs) and it's been awesome.

I was going to buy Sennheiser EW-G4 (like my wireless mic) but it was so much more expensive and I took a leap of faith with the MIPRO.

So far.........................So good

Very nice spec for a digital system and under 2mS latency/delay.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 05/07/2024 at 12:30, Chienmortbb said:

Very nice spec for a digital system and under 2mS latency/delay.

So if you were standing four feet away from the drummer you'd hear him before your guitarist did, also four feet away but not using iem...