Why become a member? ×

Silver Large Flake Sparkle Jazz WITHDRAWN
£900
Rotherham

Posted (edited)

Well this one is a surprise to me even. I only bought this a few weeks back but a change of band circumstances and the basses I’m using for gigging means this will likely see little use. It’s a limited edition 2023 Mikey Way sig jazz in an amazing silver sparkle finish. Bound and blocks and 70s period pup position and windings.

It’s never been out of the house and still has the plastic film on the pickguard.

I haven’t seen one of these for sale, they ain’t common, so I’ve priced it accordingly with a sensible reduction on new (if you could find one…..). Condition is ‘new’.

Ive only got the Fender gig bag with this and have used the shipping box for another mission so it’s collect or close meet up only I’m afraid.

Weight is about 9lb3oz. 
The only trade option I would consider is a Sterling shortscale Stingray with cash my way.

D3D17387-4C04-41ED-9ECD-257A62854392.thumb.jpeg.bdcc4380fab23559ab35aa580fc3c824.jpeg0E534D41-44DD-4B6B-92A0-19E0D9424AED.thumb.jpeg.922d37355cbfbc452da334e17bef5a4a.jpeg426C78A5-F27E-4919-B706-4BBF6E02B651.thumb.jpeg.37ba9cd1ca8e9edec2fd4472a0da23d1.jpeg2AC1E3CF-CCAB-442A-A2BE-02678AE7B81D.thumb.jpeg.9fe8052aa24b19244faed79df917f961.jpeg

Edited by martthebass
  • Like 6

• martthebass changed the title to Mikey Way Sig Jazz Bass ***Final Reduction £800***
Posted (edited)

As above I've struggled to price this one so to avoid piecemeal reductions I've gone straight for a final reduction.  Beyond this I think I'd rather keep hold of it even though I've got no immediate use for it - Jazz basses always come in handy if you wait long enough lol.

The last interweb prices I saw on these were about £1200 for a B stock finished damaged one and £1299 for a new minter so I think £790 is more than reasonable for essentially an as-new bass.  As always though, the market will decide but I think this is one of those bases like the previous MW Mustang that will always be desirable albeit niche.

I'm not looking for a trade but would consider a good condition Sterling short scale stingray at a push with cash my way.

Edited by martthebass

Ooohh that is so nice. Would look great in the Glam band.

If it wasn't for the fact my Mesa TT800 is due soon i might have gone for this even tho i already have a Geddy Jazz and a MarloweDK.

So nice.

GLWTS 

Dave

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Ooohh that is so nice. Would look great in the Glam band.

If it wasn't for the fact my Mesa TT800 is due soon i might have gone for this even tho i already have a Geddy Jazz and a MarloweDK.

So nice.

GLWTS 

Dave

Cheers Dave, I’m starting to waver on this one as the missus has stopped complaining and I think she may have forgotten the number of basses in the dungeon….

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, martthebass said:

Cheers Dave, I’m starting to waver on this one as the missus has stopped complaining and I think she may have forgotten the number of basses in the dungeon….

You gotta keep that for the Glam band. It just looks the part 100%.

Dave

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dmc79 said:

Some fabulous basses on sale right now. This is an absolute beauty. GLWTS

I’ve got some strap lock pins sat waiting to go on this…if I ever get around to fitting them then she stays 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, gemdids said:

I love this bass. I had the Mikey Way mustang about 10 years ago and regret letting it go. Counter productive advice, but I’d say keep it! 

I sold my Mikey Way Mustang a little while back and then bought this😂😂

I’m in 2 minds already, the longer it stays unsold the more chance I’ll keep it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, gemdids said:

Did I sell my MW mustang to you?! I know we’ve traded something in the past. I’d love to know where that went!

No, I bought it about 8 years back from a little online store in the West Midlands.  It’s now gone to a lovely lady bassist in Doncaster.

Edited by martthebass
  • Like 1

• martthebass changed the title to Mikey Way Sig Jazz Bass ***Final Reduction £790***