Merton

Just now, asingardenof said:

You just got that email as well then, I see 😁

I did. And I then did my public duty by posting it here 🤓

• Like 1

8 hours ago, danbowskill said:

Tough market with such a naked amp

Yep

I think if Alex makes a limited run (like their dirt pedal) they will all sell out; there are enough Barefaced fanbois out there.  If, however, he wants to take on GK, Ashdown, Mesa etc, these amps need to be really good.

I am a bit of a Barefaced fanboi but I am also a GK fanboi and I really can't see his first amp unseating my Legacy 800.  I don't want an FRFR amp, I already have barefaced 12" cabinets.  I want some colour from the head, so, EQ and filters please.

• Like 1

What I liked was the humble text: "I don't know when this will be ready" instead of empty promises.

The unit itself is somewhat pricey, but small production runs tend to cost pretty much.

HPF is a nice extra in this straightforward unit. The story of the EQ is of interest: I tried an Ampeg side by side with a Glockenklang, and they did sound really different! But here the sound from a system (an amp and a cab) that can be tweaked with the two band EQ - it requires a bold user that turns the knobs until a wanted sound is achieved. Uncoloured amp may offer surprises for many.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

Yep

I think if Alex makes a limited run (like their dirt pedal) they will all sell out; there are enough Barefaced fanbois out there.  If, however, he wants to take on GK, Ashdown, Mesa etc, these amps need to be really good.

I expect he’s more going for the Vanderkley/Bergantino end of things than the more mass-market offerings.

It’s an intriguing prospect because I hate complicated set ups that require lots of knob twiddling. Not planning on taking the plunge though, very happy with my Trace TE1200 🤓

• Like 2

This is how the BB800 started out, minus the Kickstarter element. I predict it will go the same way eventually, if not immediately with the simultaneous announcement of the full EQ version. Knobs at noon for actual flat response ideally.