Why become a member? ×

Past-Fx PF-101 - mini moogerfooger envelope filter

LukeFRC

Weird how the original companies don’t release these pedals themselves, people have been slagging off the bypass on the original for ages 

18 hours ago, ped said:

Weird how the original companies don’t release these pedals themselves, people have been slagging off the bypass on the original for ages 

I expect there’s a level where one person can get the freely available schematic and get together a pcb and make batches of decent pedals and sell at a profit - where a larger corp would end up sinking more money into R&D (in wages) and electrical testing and then need to sell cheaper so distributors can take a decent cut too… so the economic model might not be there… esp when there’s the risk behringer might come in with a £50 version. 

41 minutes ago, Dosi Y'Anarchy said:

From PastFX:

I’m hopefully have another batch in about 3-4 weeks assuming no cockups in my part

I hope he realises he will get as much interest from bass players as much as frusciante-worshippers

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 06/07/2024 at 18:12, ped said:

Most people that slag off buffered bypass are guitarists, buffered pedals that are well designed should not be a problem for bass.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

Most people that slag off buffered bypass are guitarists, buffered pedals that are well designed should not be a problem for bass.

Yeah if well designed. Depends on what that means. For example the Mutron was quite lossy. It’s not a buffered vs true bypass argument.