Why become a member? ×

Quitting a band

16 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

tbf if a singer's not self obsessed or an attention seeker (same thing?) they're usually not a very good front person

Ha I was going to say that 😂

It’s the secrecy bit that would bother me. I’d rather just know they’re up to other stuff on the side and plan accordingly

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bassybert said:

Ha I was going to say that 😂

It’s the secrecy bit that would bother me. I’d rather just know they’re up to other stuff on the side and plan accordingly

That's the bit that really annoyed me (and the guitarist).

Plus the fact that he says some really, really cringey stuff on stage and in the social media posts.

On 08/07/2024 at 21:01, Skybone said:

The singer comes across as a nice lad initially, but as you get to know him, he comes across as self obsessed. He certainly never told the rest of us about the other bands, and especially didn't tell us about the various gigs he's playing with them, including slots at a couple of festivals that he knows that we've been trying to get on for a few years.

To be fair, in my world anyone who is any good is likely to have more than one project on the go. You just have to learn to manage everyone's' diaries and dep gigs out when necessary! Of course, everyone has to be upfront about what gigs they have taken on. 

A bit ago, we had to lose a keys player because he was so busy and just couldn't commit to the gigs we had coming in. It worked out well, as we got a new guy in who is excellent and who's availability is better these days. We're still mates with the other guy and use him for deps for other related projects when he is around.