Why become a member? ×

Cali76 whiny noise issue!

bogleshake

Cali76 users of the world, I’m trying to figure out if my pedal is faulty or if this is a relatively normal thing to happen. 

Every time I switch the pedal on it has a constant high level whine, which doesn’t alter as I play, worsens as I turn the output nob up at all. I’ve tried different leads, different basses, and different power sources and it still remains. Sticking it through the Bassrig 64 just seems to exacerbate the whole thing. 

Am I needing to send it to Origin for a look at it or is there something really obvious I’m missing? 

Massive thanks in advance to the hive mind!IMG_0861.thumb.jpeg.806bb94d061c08f1c7979929ffdd6d06.jpeg

My initial reaction is the power supply, but you’ve tried a different one (have you tried the Cali in isolation?). Whining doesn’t sound right at all, I’d contact the guys at Origin Effects.

• Like 2

Yeah, I’ve tried through my CS6 and through a single one spot plug as well that I have for a backup. I’ve a feeling this is the case, no one else I know who has one ever mentions some mad background noise.  Cheers for replying. 

• Like 1

Turns out it was my IEM wireless receiver that I think was interfering with the Cali. I decided to plug straight into my DI to try and fine tune my sound before HebCelt next week. Whine disappeared when I plugged in via cable to my interface. Won’t be doing that again!! 

Cheers folks!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bogleshake said:

Turns out it was my IEM wireless receiver that I think was interfering with the Cali. I decided to plug straight into my DI to try and fine tune my sound before HebCelt next week. Whine disappeared when I plugged in via cable to my interface. Won’t be doing that again!! 

Cheers folks!

:facepalm: Been there, heard that.* xD

Wireless rather IEM problems.

Edited by ezbass
  • Haha 1