Why become a member? ×

Jad Freer Capo and Stomp XL Send Return question!

steviedee

Posted (edited)

Dunno if anyone has any ideas about routing with stomp XL and a Capo but I have a question

I'm using the stomp for modulation and reverb etc and wanted to use the send and returns on the Capo after much head scratching I eventually followed a bloke over in TBs suggestions which is more or less below:

• Bass into Capo
  • Capo Line Out Send into HX Stomp Input

• HX Stomp Output into Capo Loop Post Return

• Capo Output to destination

He also suggested this:

• Bass into Capo
  • Parallel Out Send into input of HX Stomp
  • HX Stomp Send into Capo Loop Pre Return
  • Capo Line Out Send into HX Stomp Return
  • HX Stomp Output into Capo Loop Post Return
  • Capo Output to destination

Which also worked

However, I was wondering if there is anyway you could route some stomp effects, overdrive etc to the pre-return Capo and others to the post return?  The stomp has various outs and I wondered if I could send one output to the pre effects loop in the Capo and one to the post effects loop? A potential solution could be  panning one signal to the left and one to the right (pre left post right) and that might work but no luck. Then I thought maybe I could have separate outputs for each path but you can't have an effects loop in the stomp and two paths  and i couldn't seem to get the send and returns to work. Might not be doable or even desirable 😄 But if anyone has any ideas!

Edited by steviedee

IMG_9714.thumb.jpeg.fba81ddac09fdd1f2bb3daac2ec81812.jpeg

This is how I set it up with the GT1000core.

It allows you to use the clean DI on the CAPO as intended. Using the FX loops in this way means that in the Stomp, FX loop 1 is any external drives, FX loop 2 is the preamp stage of the CAPO. The post DI will be your main output from the  Stomp.

I ran the GT1000core with the left out back to the CAPO post return for the CAPO post DI which left the right out to run to my amp which meant I could handle the signal routing separately and only have cab sims for the DI.

Not sure if that’s what you’re after though. Are you wanting to use both CAPO DI for stereo/multiple outputs from the Stomp rather than pre/post?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

Not sure if that’s what you’re after though. Are you wanting to use both CAPO DI for stereo/multiple outputs from the Stomp rather than pre/post?

Thanks for the reply! I just want a single output but I want to have any drives in the pre (including drives from the Stomp) and other effects from the Stomp in the post. I’m sure I could do separate outs quite easily on the Helix LT but I don’t think it’s possible in Stomp XL or not straightforward. I can have external pedals in the pre of the Capo but was hoping to use the Stomp.

Edited by steviedee

2 hours ago, SamIAm said:

If you pretend that the JFC pre is instrument 1 and the JFC post is instrument 2 might this approach work?

Sam x

I just look at this and I think I maybe missed a step, thanks I’ll try later!

• Like 1

This setup is the most flexible in terms of routing. It lets you position FX blocks from the HX before, between or after the 2 FX loops.

If you did want stereo or 2 distinct paths for both of the CAPO DIs it’d be fairly straightforward to sacrifice the clean pre DI for it. 

• Like 1