Why become a member? ×

Scam offers on Reverb

23 minutes ago, Mike1962 said:

It's everywhere! Tried advertising anything on FaceBook...🙄🤣🤣

Weirdly if you add a disclaimer at the bottom of your ad on Facebook “no scammers - I won’t let courier collect for an envelope of cash, or your cousin who’s passing on business cannot collect etc”

it seems to reduce the volume of scammers

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Weirdly if you add a disclaimer at the bottom of your ad on Facebook “no scammers - I won’t let courier collect for an envelope of cash, or your cousin who’s passing on business cannot collect etc”

Sometimes, the simple things do work!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

Sometimes, the simple things do work!

I just found it interesting - I presumed they were just scam bots sending blanket messages…

turns out they’re reading the ads 😂

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

👍

In my experience too, and not only that: my ads listing several scam types that would be efficiently dealt with, gave me the thumbs up from potential serious buyers - this creating a bond of sorts.

One particular scammer-of-sorts responded to every gawdemn ad I posted, no matter what I tried to sell, offering swaps: tatty old amps in exchange for lim.ed. EBMMs, for example.
Yeah right, and then you manipulate me into sending the bass first, so you can drop sending the leaky-condensatored amp? 

Had two offers on Reverb last week. One of which was 21p lower than asking price, the other offering to pay full price.

Including the dodgy link of course.

It seems to be the default thing as soon as you advertise anything with a value for sale on pretty well any site. eBay probably less so as they don't provide a way for people to directly contact you.

Reverb is full of scams now, normally get an offer for full price rather than a straight buy option and then they send the dodgy link. Had lots, told reverb and nothing seems to happen. Unfortunately thats the way of the world atm, full of chancer w**kers.

• Like 3