Why become a member? ×

How was your PA last night?

5 hours ago, JPJ said:

How was your PA last night JPJ? Well it was pretty bloody awesome than you.  

Ah, that brings back some memories. It must be 20 years since I was last at "Stormin' the Castle". 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JPJ said:

How was your PA last night JPJ? Well it was pretty bloody awesome than you. Massive RCF line array setup with a wall of bass bins the width of the stage, centre fills sitting on the stage, Digico desks at FOH and monitors, and the best bit, a professional crew to run the bloody thing. Massive sounding rig and a couple of engineers who really knew what they were doing, Shout out to ‘Dave’ on monitors for accommodating our request to not use his rather beautiful Martin monitors and to use our in-ears instead. 

Sound enginers have sometimes had a bad rap on Basschat but there are some great ones out there too and a good monitor engineer just gives you confidence to play your very best. Here's to Dave and all the others like him 🍾

• Like 2

On 01/09/2024 at 00:04, Phil Starr said:

The problem is pretty well known but I've never seen a band address the problem before and to be fair not very many venues. Full marks to you for thnking of the solution and finding the right product. 6db extra headroom before feedback will make a difference.

My 'regular' club finally did that for the upstairs ballroom - big window with a Venetian blind behind the stage! Now looks and sounds much better.

• Like 1