Why become a member? ×

NCD TCE 2x8

Picked up a couple of 2x8 TC Electronic Cabs here and took them straight out for a test drive. 

Unbeknownst to me we were playing outside last night so they had their work cut out.

I sat my Orange Little Bass Thing on top and stacked them vertically. The height was my primary motivation for buying them.

They were excellent. Clear, articulate sound and above all really helped me to hear every nuance of what I played.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, stewblack said:

really helped me to hear every nuance of what I played.

Oh no that sounds terrible, they wouldn't work for me then 😆

Glad you're enjoying them,nnothing better than a sweet new rig. I had (and loved) the 2x8 combo, if the cabs are anything like that they'll be great. 

4 hours ago, MichaelDean said:

Glad to hear your Little Bass Thing is ok @stewblack. I was sad to see it not working at the bass bash last year. Enjoy the 2x8s!

Turned out that was the cable connection to the bass guitar. Just happened to fail right when the Orange was plugged in.

The compression on that amp is really second to none.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jack said:

Glad you're enjoying them,nnothing better than a sweet new rig. I had (and loved) the 2x8 combo, if the cabs are anything like that they'll be great. 

I've really been hankering for two of the the Trace Elliot 2x8 cabs but they're just too pricey for me. 

This seemed the perfect budget option and so far I couldn't be happier.

7 hours ago, Jack said:
7 hours ago, stewblack said:

Believe me as it got darker and darker and the bass became effectively invisible it didn't sound that good 😬