Why become a member? ×

GK Legacy 1200

I have a GK Legacy 1200 which i bought new 2 years ago. At a wedding gig last week,when i powered up ,to my horror i had no sound, i checked all switches ect but nothing.Immediate reaction is the lead.I pulled the jack from the bass and held it in my hand but nothing, i tried another lead but the same.

Now in panic i re checked everything, after a few minutes i could hear feint distortion when plucking the strings,eventually the sound came back and i got through the gig.A friend of mine has the Legacy 800 and has experienced the same problem, his amp repair guy could find no fault.

Has anyone else had this problem? When you buy Gallean Krueger you expect quality and reliability. Reliability. is a must.

I hate when this happens. Did you register the amp with GK? Should have an extended warranty and it’s important to message them and see what happens.

Any electrical item can develop faults I guess. I hope it’s sorted out soon and cheaply.

On 07/07/2024 at 14:02, eddie_duff said:

I have a GK Legacy 1200 which i bought new 2 years ago. At a wedding gig last week,when i powered up ,to my horror i had no sound, i checked all switches ect but nothing.Immediate reaction is the lead.I pulled the jack from the bass and held it in my hand but nothing, i tried another lead but the same.

Now in panic i re checked everything, after a few minutes i could hear feint distortion when plucking the strings,eventually the sound came back and i got through the gig.A friend of mine has the Legacy 800 and has experienced the same problem, his amp repair guy could find no fault.

Has anyone else had this problem? When you buy Gallean Krueger you expect quality and reliability. Reliability. is a must.

Yes me mate …not quite the same issue mine lost almost all volume..mine is 4 months old Andertons are being really unreasonable about it and insisted on looking now they want to repair which could take 6 weeks or more 😡

Update, the amp done the same thing at last nights gig, luckily i took a spare amp,allbeit a tiny little warwiick gnome but it saved the day.. Ive found the GK dealers in this country very unhelpful.I,m now going to email GK in the states see what they come up with. A friend of mine with the Legacy 800 has exactly the same problem, its not a good advert  for GK when you think you,re buying quality (at a very expensive price )

Ive had this happen a few time with my old GK MB800 head. it was always nerve wracking when I first turn it on at a gig. It never cut out etc, just refused to make any sound a few times on Start up. Leave it powered on for a few mins and it would be fine. 

54 minutes ago, eddie_duff said:

Cheers Dave, sounds similar, its a bugger when you pay a lot of money for a amp I,ll try that.

Yeah, not something you want to be worrying about each gig. 
I actually had a Legacy 800 when they first came out. In fact i had 3. One had a very poor finish on the front so i sent it back, the second and 3rd had faulty switching when using a foot switch. 
Loved the sound and power, but couldn’t get over the poor QC that price point. 

Yes sent mine back when it was under warranty,turned out be a faulty speaker input.The new problem started out of warranty I contacted GK in the states this week ,they replied but were very non committal   when i asked them if they were getting the same fault with amps over there, all they did was give me advice to  take it to Surrey amps .I told them a mate of mine has got the exact same fault with his Legacy 800.

A really good amp tech had a look at mine but couldnt find the problem but he had a pretty good idea what it was.

I,m really disappointed with GK and wont use them again.

• Sad 1