Why become a member? ×

Quick hello

Afternoon all, joining in to pick a wider range of brains than Reddit and this looks like a good place to start!

Mid-40s British player, been a guitarist ince the early 90s who dabbled now and then in bass, but as of this year I'm a permanent member in a sludgecore band playing around the East Midlands, who you can find here: Shadowvale

My influences are industrial rock (Filter, White Zombie, Nine Inch Nails), while the band is more your Crowbar, Mastodon, Deftones kind of doomy crunch.

Playing a Yamaha BB235 5-string down in Drop A# through a Laney Digbeth DB500 head (no cab yet), with access to pedals including a DSM Bass Station, Ampeg Opto-Comp and Liquifier, a Darkglass B3K and Laney Blackheath for drive/distortion and an Orange Fur Coat fuzz I have yet to figure out properly. Also have an Ibanez GSR180 in standard mainly for recording, with a laptop holding plugins like Amplitube, plus some Neural DSP and Bogren stuff.