Why become a member? ×

Two Factor Authentication

ped

On 12/07/2024 at 15:55, Stub Mandrel said:

DAMNATION! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I closed firefox on my PC. When I opened it again, I'm still logged into all my websites - except I have to log in and verify for Basschat.

Please, someone tell me that I'm not the only person with this issue? My settings are completely vanilla except for Adblock.

Alas, it's working fine for me across FF Windows and Android with tracking protection on (once I figured out how to add the 2fa to 1password)

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, BigRedX said:

The irritating banner keeps popping up on my browser, and clicking the "x" only makes it go away for a week before I have to get rid of it again.

And on my phone even clicking the "x" won't remove it.

Ditto.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a new iPad recently, well, not new, a 2nd Gen iPad Pro 12.9", so 2017 with uneven brightness, but hey it works and I thought i would get it to replace my ageing iPad air 2 that has a battery life of half a gig that is my music iPad.

Turns out, maybe a bit big for that.. not sure. 

But I tried to connect it to BC obviously. It let me log in but I couldn't complete the TFA question - it said the answer was wrong, and it wasn't. I tried a few times, different case etc, and it just locked me out.

Tried again today, it locked me out - so I had a look at the control panels and noticed all the 'new device signin' and thought, there is a lot of the same IP address, seeing as I am already logged in on a couple of computers on the same IP, so I put on NordVPN, selected somewhere else in the UK and logged in again, and sure enough it worked fine. Then I turned the VPN off and I can connect just fine on it.

Seems like something to do with a different device to the one already logged in doing the TFA on the same IP address messes it up or something.