Why become a member? ×

*Fender JB-62M 32" Medium Scale Jazz Bass Reissue MIJ in three tone Sunburst Now £1075 - *SOLD*
£1250
North Staffordshire

Posted (edited)

Fender JB-62M "32" Medium Scale Jazz Bass Reissue MIJ  in three tone Sunburst F/S, F/T

Although 32” is the ideal scale length for me, unfortunately my very old ‘sausage fingers’ can’t cope with a Jazz width neck any more.

Some may say, these are ‘very rare birds from the Planet Rare’ all I know is they are easy to play & sound really good. I find long scale basses are a bit of a stretch in my dotage & short scale jobbies feel way too ‘cramped’ so due to my fat fingers, long scale for me is slightly the lesser of the two evils. 

Second to none, Legendary Fuji-Gen Gakki build quality, Solid Alder body, Maple neck and Slab Rosewood fingerboard.

The 32” scale is close enough to a 34” scale as to not feel as ‘alien’ as a 30” short scale can to some players - me included! but less of a stretch than a long scale bass.

Weight is a nicely balanced shoulder friendly 8.36lbs

According to the Fender Serial Number Decoder, it was made in either 1994 - 1995, or between 2007 & 2010 & judging by the darker pick guard and close inspection of the date stamp, I’m plumping for 2008.

There are a few marks consistent with normal use - please see pics, but nothing serious and far fewer than you would expect on a 16 year old Bass. The small black mark on the rear of the neck is ‘in the wood’ & not damage.

Comes fitted with a new set of Rotosound light gauge strings, has a low action all the way up the neck + a heavily padded, minty Atelier Z Guitar Works Gig Bag.

The only trades I’d be interested in would be a USA AVRI Precision, 60’s reissue type jobbie, with a wide nut, or maybe in p/x against a 60’s P?

Would prefer collection on this, but I can box & package it really well if you want to organise your own trusted courier / Man with van, or I can arrange postage to the U.K. Mainland only via Parcelforce Next day - ExpressAM + Insurance via Securus - which should cost around £35 all in.

IMG_9847.jpeg

IMG_9888.jpeg

IMG_9853.jpeg

IMG_9852.jpeg

IMG_9909.jpeg

IMG_9900.jpeg

IMG_0160.jpeg

IMG_0163.jpeg

IMG_0164.jpeg

Edited by dodgnofski
  • Like 8

• dodgnofski changed the title to Fender JB-62M 32" Medium Scale Jazz Bass Reissue MIJ in three tone Sunburst F/S, F/T

Wow! Hen's teeth are far more common. Lol.

Lovely looking bass. As you say, MIJ instruments always seem top-notch quality. And 32" is an easier shift than 30" if you're used to 34" scale.

GLWTS- shouldn't be here long.

• Like 1

• dodgnofski changed the title to Fender JB-62M 32" Medium Scale Jazz Bass Reissue MIJ in three tone Sunburst F/S, F/T Now £1150.00
Posted (edited)

Hi Martin, great to hear from you. Thanks, it’s an absolute. cracker of a Bass, I just wished they did a P version of it with a wider nut for my old sausage fingers! If you find yourself tempted beyond redemption - tee hee, I guarantee you would not be disappointed.

I now have one of the newer MarkBass 802 N 300w jobbies, with a standard EQ removable amp & it is really good. It also has a scooped Mids function via the included Jack insert or via an optional MB foot switch which is great for lovers of the old school ‘smiley face’ graphic EQ setting like me.

All the best & thanks again,

Tim

https://youtu.be/lDCJLnrwr4o

Edited by dodgnofski
  • Like 1

• dodgnofski changed the title to **SOLD** Fender JB-62M 32" Medium Scale Jazz Bass Reissue MIJ in three tone Sunburst Now £1075