Why become a member? ×

Thunderbird rivals

Is there a bass that sounds like a Thunderbird yet isn’t the awkward shape and length !!

I love the look and tone especially pick played for rock but I’m seeking something with dual humbuckers and neck around 40 - 42mm and costs less than £750 !! 

Also, the Embassy is usually significantly cheaper than the Thunderbird, the geometry is "better" (in that the tuners are not in the next time zone), and the Embassy I had was super light - great if you like that sort of thing/have back issues.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, neepheid said:

Also, the Embassy is usually significantly cheaper than the Thunderbird, the geometry is "better" (in that the tuners are not in the next time zone), and the Embassy I had was super light - great if you like that sort of thing/have back issues.

the embassy is a glue-on neck like gibson use. this disproves my idea that neck-thru was necessary for proper thunderbird tone.

1 hour ago, tegs07 said:

That’s rather nice.

1 hour ago, BassAdder60 said:

I’m tempted back towards a nice Ray 4 string 

Not a T’Bird by any stretch, but maybe a double humbucker one would get you close in the tone department.

• 1 month later...