Why become a member? ×

Status hot wire round wounds. Worth a try ?

Kind of tempted by the 6 pack deal, just over £20 for a 5 string set. Anybody tried them ? I normally use Ernie Ball, but if I can find something similar and save a few beer tokens in the process, why not ?

I used them YEARS ago and really liked them, when I was using Slinkys.

Got to be worth a punt at £20 a set, I'm sure you could make your money back if you don't like them?

I'll take a set for £20 if you don't like 'em!

• Like 1

Their half's and flats were amazing back in the day, made by Picato i believe.  As Picato went bump status struggled to find a new Flats/Halfs supplier and stock dried up :(

• Like 1

Their normal strings are readily available?

I have a few sets of double ball end strings on order direct from Status for my headless basses and have been waiting since january. They have taken little effort to keep me up to date either. Whenever I emailed or called them Dawn has been great, but I never get updates from them without asking. I hope this won't be a recurring problem, or I'll need to stock up or switch to another manufacturer - or single ball strings, with the clamps at the headstock end. 

Do Status single ball strings have the same taper wound ends as their double ball strings? I would hate to have to readjust my bridge for different strings and then readjust back for their double ball strings when they become available again. 

• Like 1

I use the Hot Wires double ball ended strings for my Status - extremely light gauge.  I find them to be reasonably cheap (especially on bulk orders) and high-quality.  I haven't had any delays with shipping but I've had quite a good stock for some time now.  I'd recommend Hot Wires on the basis of experience but haven't ordered any for a while (and use Newtone custom super-light sets for my short-scales)

Edited by three
  • Like 1